Animal Science Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Science Facility

I think I've found a great source for some different cuts of meat that you just cannot find at the Supermarket.

We went to a fight party at my daughters house in Lubbock last night and one of their guest was a professor with the Texas Tech Animal Science Facility. They run a slaughterhouse on campus. You must be able to find these type facilities all over the country?

He told me they do just about everything but turkey. He suggested I pick up some pork butts they had for .99 cents a pound and when I asked if he had any beef ribs he said "How big do you want them cut?" We also talked about cutting a small hog in half so I could fit it on my smoker.

I may just have found "hog heaven?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by HornedToad View Post
    I think I've found a great source for some different cuts of meat that you just cannot find at the Supermarket.

We went to a fight party at my daughters house in Lubbock last night and one of their guest was a professor with the Texas Tech Animal Science Facility. They run a slaughterhouse on campus. You must be able to find these type facilities all over the country?

He told me they do just about everything but turkey. He suggested I pick up some pork butts they had for .99 cents a pound and when I asked if he had any beef ribs he said "How big do you want them cut?" We also talked about cutting a small hog in half so I could fit it on my smoker.

I may just have found "hog heaven?"
    HawgHeaven indeed! Wow. Nice find!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

The things we must do to support are local universities.

$.99 thats very cool.
      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Great! good deal for you. And a pleasant way to distribute the nutrition without destroying it. I would keep that contact handy.

I graduated from Ok. State and always wondered if there was a guy that knew a guy that could get cheap meat off the hoof.
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

That is so cool...
          I would love to know a butcher that would sell me what I want to buy rather than selling me what he wants me to buy

Of course then I would have to pay him what he wants to be paid rather than paying him what I want to pay
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X