No announcement yet.

Hawaiin ABT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know how I missed this first time around Fish....but have some turd for creative thinking and bacon stretching!
    sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

I missed this one too. Love ABTs & these look great How did you prepare the pineapple to mix with the cream cheese or did you just use small slices?
      Mike
      Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
      POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
      Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post
        I missed this one too. Love ABTs & these look great How did you prepare the pineapple to mix with the cream cheese or did you just use small slices?
        It was canned chunks, drained.
        sigpic

Comment

Great looking ABTs and thanks for the bump and tip on stretching out the bacon!!
          Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Last time I payed attention to the bacon and got a nice pack that wasn't all screwed up and odd. One piece wraps with a bit of a tug just fine around one ABT, it's a 1/2 ABT though. I really don't want to rub my bacon that much. But if I have to in the future, I will.

I way overcooked them due to the darkness and the Jack, so dunno yet.

Comment

Almost 2000 views! Wow. This is some official $h!t rite here! Wats up with these abts? Ive never had them. Do they burn your dam face off? Tell the truth. Cuz my japs burn your dam face off! Or does the smoking tone them down? Im no sissy and i like hot stuff, but i dont wanna make a bunch for the girls and i, and end up burning our dam faces off. I got endless ideas
              sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
              Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
              Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Just make some basic ones. They ain't that hot. But they are yummy.

1/2 jap no seeds, bit of cheese in the cavity, wrap and peg with toothpicks, toss some Mad Hunky wing stuff on there, finish at 325 for crispy bacon. The japs can cook fast, so might need to set high temp earlier than your used to. They are tiny, heat through fast.

Comment

Scott, just a reminder... I can be there in 45 minutes in the event you would like me to sample your cook. I can bring my own napkin!
                  Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                  Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita
                  Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                  Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                  Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Hi yall, I made my first abts today and they turned out great. I'll be posting pics soon. I will say this I left the stems on them and there was the hot spot. they would have a very mild heat until you got to the stem and then all hell broke loose in my mouth. yum. I made half with fishes recipe but I added feta and cheddar cheese. the other half without pineapple. They are awesome.
                    sigpic
                    Weber 22.5 kettle
                    Smokin in the Smokies
                    Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
                    Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                      Scott, just a reminder... I can be there in 45 minutes in the event you would like me to sample your cook. I can bring my own napkin!
                      Haha..... We have had ABT's and some beers together Hopefully again soon brother ...... Kids football season just ended tonight, after 4 months and he's only 9!! Will be in touch, we need to hook it up again

Originally posted by fishermanlawncare View Post
                      Hi yall, I made my first abts today and they turned out great. I'll be posting pics soon. I will say this I left the stems on them and there was the hot spot. they would have a very mild heat until you got to the stem and then all hell broke loose in my mouth. yum. I made half with fishes recipe but I added feta and cheddar cheese. the other half without pineapple. They are awesome.
                      Glad you liked them, and had success! I just wanted to bump this thread for the bacon stretching concept, which I am a big fan of. There are no "directions" to ABT's IMO, as long as they are cooked safely (temps on bacon especially) anything can be used IMO..... If you don't like the heat, there are also similar sized sweet peppers that work equally as well..... Butt, you don't get that nice heat surprise of the random hot jalapeņo, which is 1 in 2, or is it 1 in 3, or 1 in 4?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charcuteryan View Post
                        Almost 2000 views! Wow. This is some official $h!t rite here! Wats up with these abts? Ive never had them. Do they burn your dam face off? Tell the truth. Cuz my japs burn your dam face off! Or does the smoking tone them down? Im no sissy and i like hot stuff, but i dont wanna make a bunch for the girls and i, and end up burning our dam faces off. I got endless ideas
                        ABT's are great and can be done in so many different ways. To keep the heat down, remove the seeds and the veins when you core them out, then they come out very mild when cooked. I use a melon ball scoop - just the right size to scrape out the veins. Just dont rub your eyes after you clean them out.
                        Mike
                        Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                        POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                        Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

bump
                          sigpic
                          Weber 22.5 kettle
                          Smokin in the Smokies
                          Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
                          Jerry

Comment

Working...
                          X