Mudbugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudbugs

Took a few mudbugs for a swim last weekend around 70 lbs of um. Tossed in some corn, tators and a few whole heads of garlic to soak up the spicy juices. Sometimes a whole head of cauliflower, mushrooms, peeled hardboiled eggs and smoked sausage links ,kept it simple this time thats half of them in the ice chest .IMG_1745.jpg IMG_1746.jpg

Wow, That's a pile of those tasty critters. We have been over run by the rusty crawfish in Michigan and I have been after them the last couple of years. with 4 traps I can usually gather a couple hundred in a weekend. I have a 20 Gallon aquarium set up to purge them over the week and boil them the next. they are fine eatin!

Barry.

Comment

Where in central michigan are you getting crawfish? Never had em and would be curious to try them.

That's a hell of a haul fishbum.
      Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Good eating!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Yup, some great food for sure. One of my favorite meals!

For those that are land locked and don't have them in local fresh waters, here's where I get mine. You can but them live, cooked, purged, etc. We have them here in CO but not where they are easily accessible for me.

The only thing I'll add is that they are seasonal. The hotter it gets, the harder their shells get (not good). The season for LA bugs is normally from December through April/May depending on regional temps.

http://www.lacrawfish.com/
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Now I want some mudbugs! Those look good.

Comment

Wish I could score a few pounds of them bugs myself...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Nice!

Only had em a few thymes, butt liked em.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                  Where in central michigan are you getting crawfish? Never had em and would be curious to try them.

That's a hell of a haul fishbum.

Really any clean lake or River should provide for you. Check out the Pine river in your area.. I have a cottage in Antrim County and the chain of lakes up there are full of them!

Barry.

EDIT: Don't forget your fishing license!

Comment

WOW! That's a haul of mudbugs!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmudbugs!
                      Been thinkin bout it, before it gets too warm (maybe already). Gotta order 25#, a lot fer me.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Nice Mess of Pinchers!!

Never been to a Boil---Only small ones around here, and I used to use them for Smallmouth Bait.

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Biteme7951 View Post
                          Wow, That's a pile of those tasty critters. We have been over run by the rusty crawfish in Michigan and I have been after them the last couple of years. with 4 traps I can usually gather a couple hundred in a weekend. I have a 20 Gallon aquarium set up to purge them over the week and boil them the next. they are fine eatin!

Barry.
                          OK..I need some direction here. Mmm.
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That’s a whole lotta tail pinchin’ and haid suckin’ Yumm!
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Good job. Never done the cauliflower but I've heard about it. I bet it comes out tasty. I did 390 pounds(12 sacks) a few weeks ago for the wife's 50th birthday party. Good eatin' indeed. They go real good with a cold beer.
                              Arron W.

YS 640
                              Primo Oval XL
                              Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
                              Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
                              Weber Copper Top
                              Old Smokey
                              Orion
                              Gasser
                              2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
                              24" Disco with custom burner
                              Red Thermapen
                              2-Maverick ET-733
                              Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X