Looking to get my 1st Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get my 1st Smoker

Hey everyone. I am now looking to pick up my 1st dedicated smoker. I have been using my Weber for grilling and low and slow. I don’t have have a lot of money but would like to find something to last. Just looking for some help from the community. Thanks in advance for any info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Slicer021 View Post
    Hey everyone. I am now looking to pick up my 1st dedicated smoker. I have been using my Weber for grilling and low and slow. I don’t have have a lot of money but would like to find something to last. Just looking for some help from the community. Thanks in advance for any info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I spent my early BBQ years using a Chargriller smoker...It was a piece of crap...But that piece of crap taught me all I needed to know about fire controll and producing the coveted thin blue smoke...

BUT since you are already a Weber man I would look into a Weber WSM...A fine piece of equipment that can really turn out some fine Q...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Building an Ugly Drum smoker is another learning experience that was fun and has produced a ton of good eats.
      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

A second for WSM, if looking for something different than a kettle. Personally, I use my kettles for smoking and prefer them over WSM, and had a few WSM, butt other opinions vary. The 26" kettle can do almost anything IMO, and add a Vortex and a 2nd rack if needed and you have a really versatile cooking machine. Just my thoughts.

Good Luck!
        sigpic

Comment

A third for the WSM. I have two 18" that I bought used for $100 each. They are smoking machines.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

even easier than the ugly drum smoker is the drum smoker.

hanging rods, fire basket in the bottom, air inlet in the bottom and outlet at the top. Job done.

Plus there are an awful lot of threads about doing proper low and slow smoking with a weber.

And as for chargrillers - mine's been exposed to the british weather for 10 years now and is still going strong. I like them :-)

The biggest questions are:
            1) what budget do you have
            2) do you purelyt want to smoke meat, or do you want to impress the neighbours as well ?
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              even easier than the ugly drum smoker is the drum smoker.

hanging rods, fire basket in the bottom, air inlet in the bottom and outlet at the top. Job done.

Plus there are an awful lot of threads about doing proper low and slow smoking with a weber.

And as for chargrillers - mine's been exposed to the british weather for 10 years now and is still going strong. I like them :-)

The biggest questions are:
              1) what budget do you have
              2) do you purelyt want to smoke meat, or do you want to impress the neighbours as well ?

Thanks for the info. I am looking to spend no more than $400. I don’t care to impress the neighbors other than by putting out some killer Q lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

question.........what method do you want to use and how do you want to spend your time during the smoke........electric, gas or fire?
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                  question.........what method do you want to use and how do you want to spend your time during the smoke........electric, gas or fire?

I want to go with Fire. Don’t mind tending to the pit. Just wasn’t sure in this price range on either Barrel, Bullet or Offset smokers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep an eye out on CL for a WSM. They do come up once in a while. I would make a UDS. I did and I sold my WSM. I like the UDS better than the WSM. I get 16 - 18 hours of 250° from one basket of charcoal.
                    MES 30"
                    A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                    Weber 22" kettle
                    E-Z-Que rotisserie
                    Weber Smokey Joe
                    Big Weber Gasser
                    Cracker Smoker
                    UDS

Comment

Working...
                    X