Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 07-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
Default smoked dried romas

I've been wanting to try this in the Daniel Boone. I sliced up some romas, seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Smoked at 150f for 8 to 11 hours removing the smaller pieces as they dried and eating too.

after sampling many and drying not much left....Definately will be doing more.
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-28-2015, 11:51 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

I've done these in the dehydrator. Family loves them chopped up on salads or added to other dishes. Really robust flavor. Wish I had some of yours!

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 07-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Rub Mixer

zeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To All
zeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To Allzeroghd Is  A Name Known To All

Question...how do you store them? Would you suggest just in a baggie? How about in a jar filled with olive oil? I like this idea and may give it a shot on the yoder.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Thin & Blue brother <3

Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All
Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All

Those look amazing, I would have thought they would have taken longer! what kind of wood did you kiss them with?

PROUD MEMBER # 49
The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged PINK THERMAPEN

Old 07-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Store them in a glass jar...No oil...

Try grinding them to a powder...Use in a rub...
Old 07-29-2015, 01:53 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroghd View Post
Question...how do you store them? Would you suggest just in a baggie? How about in a jar filled with olive oil? I like this idea and may give it a shot on the yoder.
OO would work. Or freeze. Anything to reduce the availability of oxygen and mold spores. The tomato is pretty acidic out of the gate tho. Thus preventing many molds and bacteria.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

I've stored them in EVOO, very good and they keep a very long time in the fridge. Over time, they infuse the oil as well.

So, do some dry and some in oil and see what works best for you.

Any way you slice it, they are very good when done off the dehydrator
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 07-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Good looking tomatoes...both fresh and dried!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 07-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

I vac bag em and freeze em, wellll - most get bagged.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
Those look amazing, I would have thought they would have taken longer! what kind of wood did you kiss them with?
Lumberjack hickory/maple/cherry blend pellets....just because thats what was in the hopper😀
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroghd View Post

This is my first go doing this. Im probably going to vac bag mine. Like others have said i guess packed in oil works good. Next batch im leaving out the italian seasoning so i can use in salsas too.
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-29-2015, 05:51 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
This is my first go doing this. Im probably going to vac bag mine. Like others have said i guess packed in oil works good. Next batch im leaving out the italian seasoning so i can use in salsas too.
Add cilantro/coriander to some then. Maybe some pepper slices on top?
Old 07-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Pit Master

Yea thats a good idea. Im going to slice romas length wise next time. Should i seed?
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

[QUOTE=zombini;577105]Yea thats a good idea. Im going to slice romas length wise next time. Should i seed?[/QUOTE]

No need to seed...
Old 07-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

that'll do pretty tasty!

Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
If you are going to refrigerate of freeze, do not use olive oil. It will turn to a semi-solid whitish mass. I just vac bag and freeze or fridge. Fridge for short term of course.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Pit Master

Ok thanks guys
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great! Love em!

On a previous thread, was there some safety concerns aboot storing them in oil? I thought CA had some evidence from the British Special Forces or something?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

After I dry mine, I will store some in the fridge in a flavored oil. Like the sun dried tomatoes you buy in the store. I use garlic infused olive oil. Not sure how long they last because we always eat them up too fast; maybe a couple of weeks??

Great on salads, seafood, and poultry dishes.

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Fruits & Nuts