Pellet Grills Rule... So far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet Grills Rule... So far

OK, I never thought I'd join the ranks of pellet poopers, but the price was right and I couldn't help myself.
    There was a Big Horn Pellet Grill SRPG1093, Pit Boss 820 Deluxe and a Traeger Lil' Tex Elite sitting side by side. So I was able to compare them somewhat. Gauge thickness on the Pit Boss and the Big Horn beat the Traeger hands down. Cost wise, the Big Horn was where my money's at. The Big Horn and the Pit Boss look to me like they may be made by the same company or manufacturer in China because they were so similar in everything. Except the Pit Boss has an upper rack. I don't know about electronics though. So far, just testing mine out on hot links, everything seems to work OK. Tomorrow I'll smoke a chicken and take some pics.
    The only thing that worries me is it doesn't look as though there is a service facility in the US.

Tom

I might have missed it, but which of the three did you choose? I have a philosophy when it comes to cookers. If it does what you like, and how you like to do it then so be it. It's cool that you found something you enjoy cooking on.

Comment

I love my green mountain grill! I bet it's been a year since I fired up a weber. I know I'm going straight to hell for that the easiness just can't be beat especially after a long day of work. I've got to repair mine though damn bottle lambs chewed the fan wire. Simply fix.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Gunny.I havent joined the ranks of the pellet poopers myself yet but Ill bet your gunna love it.
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
          I might have missed it, but which of the three did you choose?
          Big Horn

Tom

Comment

I have GMG, sposed to be fo hunt camp...aint made it there yet some how. Forkers are easy.........
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Yep, easy is right. I brined a bird, rinsed it, tossed some hot wang on it, filled the hopper with hickory pellets, started the grill, threw the bird on, and went to church. Came home, threw some russets on basted the bird with sorghum molasses and butter, took it off and it was definitely edible. In fact, it was awesome.
              Attached Files

Tom

Comment

Looks excellent Tom! Gotta love the ease of use of them. My bud is moving to Wisconsin next year, said he's leaving his GMG for me. I have put off buying one due to that. He makes awesme ribs on it 👍

Chicken looks Ootstanding buddy.
                sigpic

Comment

That's some purty lookin poultry parts right there...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

It sure looks all purty and new. I understand the ease of using them too, your chicken looks like perfection there Gunny!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Good looking yard pimp you got there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers Gunny!...i'm liking that gig...don't matter what ya use...
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I got one the first of this month, already through 100 pounds of pellets. There is no stopping me now. I did a steak on the gas frill the other night and it was full of suck, fed it to the dog and then fired up the Traeger and did one right.

Comment

I sure love my Yoder. the wife likes the milder smoke flavor over my old stick burner too. makes things much simpler too.
                            Mike
                            Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                            POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                            Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Working...
                            X