Door Counterweights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Tom! That thing is great...
    I love the cover on it...The direct sun on your smoker in the summer time can really mess with temp readings

Looks like it is ready to take flight...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post

Rich, the diagonal braces pivot up into the ceiling.
      Kinda figgered they did :{). Looks great. I kind wondered about access to the door, but it’s easier than it appeared from an earlier pict. Sweet!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Dammitt man, that is one sweet rig!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

what's the roof material ? plastic or metal ?
          You're definitely going to get some lift when that's under tow, which could be an issue.
          I'd have maybe gone for a spring loaded pull out canopy each side. Cost more, but stops any issues when under tow, or in a strong wind.

Other than that slight niggle, awesome build
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Seasoned it today.
            Roof is tin and there are no issues with towing. I towed it home last night and back to the plant this morning. That's 70 miles round trip. It's no different than towing an open stock trailer, which I do quite often.
            Flow was perfect. I opened the vents and got the smoke chamber up to 530°, closed them and once it got down to 270, I adjusted them a little open and she hummed away there for the entire day.

I'll throw a couple of packers on it next Thursday along with some fatties, pit beans and ABT's.

Before seasoning

After seasoning

If you look really close, you can see the faint smoke coming from the chimney.

I don't know how many of you remember, but this is what this smoker looked like before this face lift.

Originally it had a round offset fire box and I had built it so 2 men could lift it and put it on the hitch receiver of a Suburban I used to drive.
            Then I redid it so I could roll it around the patio.
            Then I put a new firebox on it and a trailer. And that's as far as it went because it did such a great job the way it was.
            Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-30-2017, 10:07 PM.

Tom

Comment

Very nice! I’d say that’s an upgrade allrighty Build !
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                After seasoning

Looks like you thought of everything...3 piece rack with a removable second shelf and sausage hanging bars...

for a job well done
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Real sweet rig Tom, ya done good!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Beauty!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

whats with all the photobucket errors? i can see any of the pics? i have always used chrome and never had a problem till recently???

great smoker cant wait to get the pipe for mine

Comment

Originally posted by wvuarmyeng View Post
                        whats with all the photobucket errors? i can see any of the pics? i have always used chrome and never had a problem till recently???

Search Photobucket threads, pretty shitty deal
                        Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                        Weber 22.5" WSM
                        Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                        Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                        Weber 18.5" Kettle
                        Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        GMG Daniel Boone
                        Pit Barrel Cooker
                        Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                        6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                        Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                        The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by wvuarmyeng View Post

PB changed course and requires an account upgrade for 3rd party site hosting as I recently understand it.

To quote Francis Costello "No tickee, No laundry" is now apparently the name of the game with them.

On a recommendation from another forumite here I opened a postimages.org account and it is a far easier & more straightforward experience all around...

https://postimages.org/
                          ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Comment

Working...
                          X