Grilla Grills Silverbac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilla Grills Silverbac

Anyone have one of these? If so, would like your feedback.
    Never owned a Pooper nor have I eaten anything coming off of one but kinda considering one simply for the set and forget quality.
    The Stumps sometimes is too big for a small cook so figured maybe a Pooper is the way to go.
    http://grillagrills.com/grills/silve...-pellet-grill/
    Stumps Baby
    Bubba Keg Convection Grill
    Digi Q
    Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
    Custom end grain cutting board
    Superfast Yellow Thermapen
    18 " Smoke Vault
    12" AMNTS
    AMNPS
    Newbie beer brewer

thread about these last year I think. A I recall they looked like decent units.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thanks for the links and info fella's.
      Stumps Baby
      Digi Q
      18 " Smoke Vault
      12" AMNTS
      AMNPS
      Newbie beer brewer

Comment

I still have it and still love it! I PM'd you back. The only things that I forgot to tell you in the PM is that it doesn't work for searing a steak and the lowest temperature setting is 180 degrees, so no cold smoking.

Comment

I have a GMG Daniel Boone. Is pretty similar, both Treager knock offs. Mine goes down to 120° but I don't think I would try to cold smoke in it. Is great for set and forget chiggen, beef, pook.....etc. Really convenient if time is scarce. Temp control seems pretty consistent. Smoke is pretty good, not a fire fueled smoker but works for me.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            I have a GMG Daniel Boone. Is pretty similar, both Treager knock offs. Mine goes down to 120° but I don't think I would try to cold smoke in it. Is great for set and forget chiggen, beef, pook.....etc. Really convenient if time is scarce. Temp control seems pretty consistent. Smoke is pretty good, not a fire fueled smoker but works for me.
            My buddy has the GMG Jim Bowie (We call it David though ), been great 2 years in, no problems, cooks great food

Be cooking Ribs on it with him next weekend, along with a few Performers/Vortexes for Wings
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rpmorey View Post
              I still have it and still love it! I PM'd you back. The only things that I forgot to tell you in the PM is that it doesn't work for searing a steak and the lowest temperature setting is 180 degrees, so no cold smoking.
              I have a Hibachi and a Bubba Keg for high temp stuff and I probably wouldn't cold smoke on it as I have a crappy gas smoker I use for that.

A lot of times I just do a butt and maybe sausage and don't really want to pull out my temp controller for the Stumps. Kinda want something that I can get started without all the extras.

Thanks again for the info.
              Stumps Baby
              Digi Q
              18 " Smoke Vault
              12" AMNTS
              AMNPS
              Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Originally posted by 44 bbq View Post
                I have a Hibachi and a Bubba Keg for high temp stuff and I probably wouldn't cold smoke on it as I have a crappy gas smoker I use for that.

A lot of times I just do a butt and maybe sausage and don't really want to pull out my temp controller for the Stumps. Kinda want something that I can get started without all the extras.

Thanks again for the info.
                Yup, plug it in, set the temp and go!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                X