Hot Whang Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Whang Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Well what to do with all that left over pulled chicken from the various birds that you cook and the guest do not eat all the way...Not that is was not good, but because you, like me always make tooo much so everyone has enough...

I might suggest this. I package the left over chicken up stick in the freezer for just a night like this. So wanted to put a little spice in the night so I made a Hot Whang Buffalo Chicken Pizza!!!

Rich had hooked the new guy up, not only with the Pork Brine that I used last night to make the Pork Chops Cordon Blue, (here is the link if you would like to see it),
    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19855

But the Mad Hunky himself sent me some of the wonderful Hot Whang Rub as well.. Hint: Buy this stuff when it hits the market!!! The Hot Whang is great!!

So I started by getting he chicken out of the freezer and brought it back to like by a light saute in the pan with and little butter. Once warm I sprinkled it with the Hot Whang and my Buffalo sauce. I then let it cool

I made a traditional pizza crust that I have posted prior.
    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19513

Then this time since it was a Buffalo style pizza I like to use Blue Cheese dressing as the "sauce"... I really like the Marzetti Brand.. chunkier blue cheese crumbles... I then dusted the sauce with the Hot Whang Rub!

I then to the pulled chicken, turned into Buffalo Pulled Chicken, and spread it all over the pizza.

Then on top of that goes, onion, celery, and diced tomato. And then into a 425 degree cooker!!

After about 15 minutes pull out the pizza and apply your favorite Buffalo Sauce. I use my homemade... Like it better than just one store brand. Then back into the oven for about 3-5 minutes to get the Buffalo Sauce hot!! Here it is out of the oven.

And a close up!

And one final pick of the slice on the plate. I suggest a nice beer to go with this bad boy!!

Thanks for looking and have a great night!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

How aboot 2 slices and a pint of something light and ice cold. Great use of the chicken too.
    sigpic

Comment

Nice Brian, definitely nice. Is the celery and onion raw when you add it or do you saute it first? Looks friekin' great man!
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
        Nice Brian, definitely nice. Is the celery and onion raw when you add it or do you saute it first? Looks friekin' great man!

It is all raw. That way it is not mushy once it goes through the oven. Still has a little crunch to it.

Thanks for looken
        Brian

Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Impressive pie... but no anchovies? I know..I'm the only one on earth that likes them... and even I wonder with chicken...

And PS: The next Hot Whang sample is due in next week, and since so many have liked what I din't think worked... I figger I'll just go and get 50 pounds as I have no idea what I'm talking about- obviously.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            as I have no idea what I'm talking about- obviously.
            As usual!
            Nice lookin pie, nice thinkin there! if I gotum!
            Points police got me!
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Brian, it looks great. Points police say I gotta spread em around after the cordon blue chop.

The crust looks pretty good two...is that a skin from a local shop, or something homemade? Always in search of awesome crust.
              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                Brian, it looks great. Points police say I gotta spread em around after the cordon blue chop.

The crust looks pretty good two...is that a skin from a local shop, or something homemade? Always in search of awesome crust.
                It is homemade!!! I like maken Pizza almost as much as Smoken Meat!! I have many of pizzas to show here as well. Thanks for the complement on the pizza!!
                Brian

Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                  It is homemade!!! I like maken Pizza almost as much as Smoken Meat!! I have many of pizzas to show here as well. Thanks for the complement on the pizza!!
                  Dude, you gotta do a tute on your crust!
                  BBQ Eng.

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Really nice thread and great looking pizza.
                    Think I would either add the celery at the end or maybe some celery seed
                    Pass me a slice

Impressive pie... but no anchovies? I know..I'm the only one on earth that likes them...
                    A year ago I would have agreed with you there Rich, but since I started getting a particular Greek salad with them on it...I don't know. Those salty little fish are, dare I say...tasty.

Boy, never thought I would say that
                    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Impressive pie... but no anchovies? I know..I'm the only one on earth that likes them... and even I wonder with chicken...
                      Nope...I LOVE me some anchovies awesome job on the pizza there my man...here's some leftovers heading your way!
                      sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                        Dude, you gotta do a tute on your crust!
                        http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19513
                        Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                        Weber 22.5" WSM
                        Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                        Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                        Weber 18.5" Kettle
                        Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        GMG Daniel Boone
                        Pit Barrel Cooker
                        Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                        6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                        Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                        The Vortex

Comment

Here it is without the Link. I sometime put as much as a table spoon of sugar in it depending on what is going on top of it. If you want you can put a little corn meal on the bottom. That will give it a little extra crunch!! Hope you enjoy!!

Basic pizza dough
                          2 cups flour (high gluten if you can)
                          2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
                          pinch of salt and sugar
                          3/4 cup of warm water
                          1 table spoon EVOO
                          Brian

Yoder YS640
                          Weber Genesis
                          Weber 18.5" Kettle
                          Weber Performer
                          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Here it is without the Link. I sometime put as much as a table spoon of sugar in it depending on what is going on top of it. If you want you can put a little corn meal on the bottom. That will give it a little extra crunch!! Hope you enjoy!!

Basic pizza dough
                            2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
                            pinch of salt and sugar
                            3/4 cup of warm water
                            1 table spoon EVOO
                            Thanks.
                            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Basic pizza dough
                              2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
                              pinch of salt and sugar
                              3/4 cup of warm water
                              1 table spoon EVOO
                              Thanks for the link and the recipe...I don't kow how I missed that original post.
                              BBQ Eng.

Comment

Working...
                              X