Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alrighty Smoked-Meat....... Who's Cooking What Tonight & This Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a rainy day in Phoenix (a rare treat), and I have a big salmon filet marinading in Teriyaki sauce now for a hot smoke later. I was motivated by Barkonbutts recent Teriyaki salmon post. Im gonna try smoking some scallops then reverse pan searing them to go with. Shuuud be guuud!
    Mike
    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

All kettles cleaned and burning sweet. 14-16 of me boys here in an hour. Backup liver in place. Should be fun!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post
        Its a rainy day in Phoenix (a rare treat), and I have a big salmon filet marinading in Teriyaki sauce now for a hot smoke later. I was motivated by Barkonbutts recent Teriyaki salmon post. Im gonna try smoking some scallops then reverse pan searing them to go with. Shuuud be guuud!
        Ohhh yea sound's good! Just watch them scallops, a lil tooo much heat an ya gots hocky pucks fer dinner!
        Me I gots some salmon filets workin fer a comparison tween Butchers and CA's methods. AN some BBR's to soak in MHPB fer tomorrows a cookin.
        Might doo some seafood gumbo too, if I has/take time!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          All kettles cleaned and burning sweet. 14-16 of me boys here in an hour. Backup liver in place. Should be fun!
          You sick bassard...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Heeheehee..... I'm getting me treadmill in. Then shower, then beer! Heeheeheeheehee.....
            sigpic

Comment

A little rethink here, might do some "Fish Awn" A stick, hot N fast w/burnt edges! Gon be GuuD!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Well, it's all things Meyer Lemons at me house. I just love them and what a great treat to cook with them! I've got the preserved lemons already done, but gonna be a few weeks before I can use them. I'm very excited aboot that!!! I have a Meyer Lemon cheesecake in the oven and it smells wonderful. I'm aboot to make lemon curd with them to go with fresh blueberries for the top of the cheesecake. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... Homemade marshmallows as well. Can't decide if I want to dip them in chocolate or not. No kidding, if you have little ones (or if you love marshmallows) you gotta make your own. Sooooooooooo easy. I use Alton's recipe and they come out perfect every time. I'll be adding in the zest for these puppies. I've been taking pics and will post them when I'm done. I also started on the Lamington's in honor of all our buddies from down under. Lots of sweets going on over here! For dinner I think I'll have a steak and some broccoli. Diet friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  Well, it's all things Meyer Lemons at me house. I just love them and what a great treat to cook with them! I've got the preserved lemons already done, but gonna be a few weeks before I can use them. I'm very excited aboot that!!! I have a Meyer Lemon cheesecake in the oven and it smells wonderful. I'm aboot to make lemon curd with them to go with fresh blueberries for the top of the cheesecake. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... Homemade marshmallows as well. Can't decide if I want to dip them in chocolate or not. No kidding, if you have little ones (or if you love marshmallows) you gotta make your own. Sooooooooooo easy. I use Alton's recipe and they come out perfect every time. I'll be adding in the zest for these puppies. I've been taking pics and will post them when I'm done. I also started on the Lamington's in honor of all our buddies from down under. Lots of sweets going on over here! For dinner I think I'll have a steak and some broccoli. Diet friendly.
                  YAY!!!!!!! Sounds like you got you Mojo back gurl... keep it up.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                    Can I come up for dinner???? As always Schweeet postin! Makinmehungryagain!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Today it is smoked portobella mushrooms with a Lobster Hollandaise sauce. Damn it is good eating. Hand caught lobsters make it better.

Comment

Havnt had a lamington in years!
                        How did you preserve your lemons?
                        I used to make them but been a while.
                        I cut them in quarters without cutting all the way in then pack them with rock salt and add pepper corns bay and cardomom pods then tip foiling water over them... The marocan way.
                        Esh ends up to salty to use but they oy use the skin witch turns out awsum
                        sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                          Havnt had a lamington in years!
                          How did you preserve your lemons?
                          I used to make them but been a while.
                          I cut them in quarters without cutting all the way in then pack them with rock salt and add pepper corns bay and cardomom pods then tip foiling water over them... The marocan way.
                          Esh ends up to salty to use but they oy use the skin witch turns out awsum
                          I got the cake part done for the lamington, but need to keep in the fridge overnight. I can't wait to eat a piece of that yumminess. I preserved the lemons by cutting them just as you described, but I used kosher salt inside each of them. I filled the jar with the lemons, closed it up and shook the crap out of it for three days. They released enough of their own juices to cover all the lemons. I don't add the extra spices because I also use them for desserts. I always rinse mine really well and remove the inside parts only using the rind. They are in the fridge now and in a few weeks I'm gonna get crackin' on some Moroccan dishes fer sure. Used in Indian fare as well. Been eyeing a tagine and think it's time to venture out in to other cuisines.

Comment

Tagines rock I cook a lot of Indian and marocan, the cardomom pods work well in deserts too.
                            If you want some realy good recipie ideas you should try to get hold of this book

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359239762.007604.jpg
                            sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that book Dale. I just went to Amazon and they are temporarily out of stock. I'll keep looking though. I have two different types of cardamom pods. I have used the green when making Pulla sweet bread. Haven't made it in a while though. So, yea, it's great in desserts, but I guess I like to treat my preserved lemons like I do my homemade stocks in that I don't want to add too much so I can get the true essence of the base. I do like the idea of adding the spices that you mentioned. If I can get more lemons then I'll try it like that as well. Thanks for all your input on this.

Comment

No probs, I used the green ones mostly, the black ones are a bit stronger in flavour
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X