Elk backstrap Chateau style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk backstrap Chateau style

I had a nice slab of elk backstrap my buddy gave me so it was called to duty for today's dinner. It was big enough I cooked it like a chateaubriand roast. I trimmed some silverskin then gave it a generous coating of MH JAB before it went into the 133°F bath. It had a nice 4 hour rest in the bath to get to know the JAB.

I fired the Webbah up with the Vortex and also grilled some white nectarines for dessert. I patted the roast dry and gave it a nice coating of Tatonka Dust. It got a 1 minute sear per side and it was off to the plate. I also steamed some broccoli and cauliflower to round out the meal. Overall a nice healthy and very tasty dinner.

Awesome!

sigpic

Comment

Nice plate and a good friend!

Comment

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
        Nice plate and a good friend!
        I’ll say! At a request I did elk strap ...shudder... jerky once for a bud. He said I could keep some..so I sliced off 2 steaks before cutting it up.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I love elk, and that's a nice plate! Looks grate bro!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yep, he is a good guy. I built his muzzleloader for him and loaned him mine for his Dad to use on the hunt.

Thanks all for the points and kind words.

Comment

That looks REAL tasty!

You got better friends than I do! only ever seen elk in the butcher shop....for $39/lb! Walk on bye....
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

OMG--That looks Freaking Fantastic, AJ ---

Absolutely Perfect !!

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Well Done Sir... Well done..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks all! I can say the looks were not deceiving.

Comment

That is one damn fine looking plate AJ! Love me some good elk strap!
                      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X