Looking for answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blast54 View Post
    OK...thanks again for the advice. Brisket is ready to go for AM as per "Old Crusty Salt" in the sticky section. Did notice that when we butchered the cow this fall, the butcher must have asked me if I wanted to separate the point from the flat and me not knowing the difference ( this is Pre-smoker purchase) I said yes.

No problem but I only thawed the point so the flat is still in freezer for next time I guess. I imagine it will just cook sooner......I do have a tempapen thermometer so will know when it is done.....will let you know.

Bill

The pictures of the burnt ends look delicious

Ok. If you are smoking a "point" only then don't make burnt ends. Lower your temp to the 230-240 range. It is a true braising cut of meat and will lend itself well to a slow cook. I would suggest a lower pan to trap/collect those drippings. Once the fat is separated you will have a fine base for some killer Au Jus.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Dog BBQ View Post
      I agree with you on this. Always rest your meat. It makes a better finished product. I let large pieces rest at least an hour and steaks rest as long as they were cooked. That's just me. If you use the advice that you get here on this forum your cooks will be great.

Yup---I rest my meat a lot longer than I used to!!

Just Sayin',

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post

Just Sayin',

Bear
        Yup.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post

Just Sayin',

Bear
          sigpic
          Weber 22.5 kettle
          Smokin in the Smokies
          Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
          Jerry

Comment

just leave my pulled pork in the pan with foil over till it's cool enough to pull.

Juices get poured off into a saucepan, reduced and usually thickened a little with redcurrant jelly. They then get mixed back into the pork once it's pulled.

So no cooler involved.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I rest every brisket that I smoked if I am cooking 80lbs for a wedding or just 1 full packer for myself...they go right from the smoker to a cooler for at least 2hrs. I feel the rest continues to break down connective tissue in the meat therefor a better end product. That's just how I do it and it seems to work.

Smoke ring or die

Comment

Working...
              X