Didn't take too many pictures but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't take too many pictures but...

Started early in the day by heating a pint of water and adding 1.5 T. of my Chipotle powder...Lid on the pot and let it steep till cooled...No pics of the pot of water When cooled I stirred in 2 oz. of the MH Nekkid brine and let the strips swim for 6 hours...

Then I dried the chicken and smeared them with olive oil and breaded them with House Autry Medium Hot breading...Then I put the strips in the freezer for about an hour...Sets the breading and gives a good chill to the chicken...This helps to get the crust done before overcooking the chicken...

Smoked with cherry wood on the 14 in. WSM around 325 degrees...Only took an hour and they were at temp and looked like this...

Meanwhile I toasted some buttered sub rolls on a charcoal grill... Again... No pics...

And to make the wing sauce I stirred 1 T. Chipotle into 1/2 cup of vinegar...Brought this to a low boil...Strained the powder from the liquid and had a beautiful smokey hot red colored vinegar Back in the hot pan, but not on the heat, I stirred in cold butter 1 T. at a time untill it wouldn't melt any more butter...No pics of this either

Then on the toasted roll we put a layer of baby spinach, smeared that with Lena's homemade bleu cheese dressing, added and subtracted chicken strips till (thanks to the help of my daughter) we decided that one big strip made for the best picture...Then we started to drizzle the wing sauce on the chicken till it looked just right...

This is a different view than you saw before...Still looks good to me...

Then my girl built her sandwich with extra chicken and LOTS more sauce... But I got no pics of that either...Hers wasn't as pretty but it had to be damn good

So thanks to everyone for your votes It was after all just a chicken sandwich...
    Craig
    sigpic

Sound good, look good. Musta been

"Started early in the day by heating a pint of water and adding 1.5 T. of my Chipotle powder...Lid on the pot and let it steep till cooled...No pics of the pot of water When cooled I stirred in 2 oz. of the MH Nekkid brine and let the strips swim for 6 hours..." = Sous Vide, just sayin!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post

"Started early in the day by heating a pint of water and adding 1.5 T. of my Chipotle powder...Lid on the pot and let it steep till cooled...No pics of the pot of water When cooled I stirred in 2 oz. of the MH Nekkid brine and let the strips swim for 6 hours..." = Sous Vide, just sayin!
      I don't think so...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        I don't think so...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

You’d not want to use the Nekkid..or ANY of my brines..in the SV method. Or any cooking method for that matter.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            You’d not want to use the Nekkid..or ANY of my brines..in the SV method. Or any cooking method for that matter.
            Phil us in Rich. Possible explosion?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I do.

I searched, couldn't find any "bad side" to cooking with phosphates.
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I do.

I searched, couldn't find any "bad side" to cooking with phosphates.
                Like I said, Phil us in... need to know bro!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

hot phosphates, dunno if that's a bad thing, personally I don't even want cold phosphates in my food :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Like I said, Phil us in... need to know bro!
                    It can easily “over brine” in that environment...resulting in mushy meat and a “soapy” flavor/texture. If you DO choose to...DO use a reduced concentration. And I guess if you have not noticed this issue (I have) then... I guess it’s not an issue.
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

It can easily “over brine” in that environment...resulting in mushy meat and a “soapy” flavor/texture. If you DO choose to...DO use a reduced concentration. And I guess if you have not noticed this issue (I have) then... I guess it’s not an issue.
                      I have never brined before SV. Never really saw the need. Good info however, and thanks for the input. The most important thing is marinating the cook...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

To be clear.. I meant COOKING in the brine solution...

Comment

Looks Great Craig!!!---

Awesome Entry!!

Well deserved Win for a Great Team!!

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

That looks like something that would last about 2 seconds in my household.....
                            Pete
                            Large BGE
                            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Beauty!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X