3rd place Chiggin Strip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd place Chiggin Strip!

Chiggin breast strip marinated in Mojo and Mad Hunky Poultry Brine. Dredged in Jamaican Jerk and smoked with buttonwood. Then re soaked with Mojo and dredged with ground Chipolte Panco and Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang and deep fried. Served with Pico De Gallo sauce, Chipoltimole sauce and Caesar dressing with Louisiana Hot Sauce in the middle. And fried taters!

First we marinate in Mojo and MH Poultry Brine ovenight. I just use the Mojo for the liquid, same proportions.

Then we dust with Jerk rub.

Then we smoke with Buttonwood in the Kettle. Using the Vortex wide side up. small fire to one side. Ran 175° - 200° for 1.5 hours. Then back to fridge to chill.

Coated the chiggin with fresh Mojo and dredged in a mixture of ground Chipolte Panco and Mad Hunky Hot Azz Wang. Yes, I fergot the flour step and will pay fer it! Then deep fried the Chiggin.

Served with Pico De Gallo sauce, Chipoltimole sauce and Caesar dressing with Louisiana Hot Sauce in the middle.

The Pico De Gallo was food processed to make a dipping sauce, Chipoltimole sauce is avocado, tomato, ooion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and Chipolye Seasoning and Caesar dressing (bottled) with Louisiana Hot Sauce in the middle.
    In dredging for frying....someone (look like me) fergot the flour dredge step. So most the chipolte dredge came off in the oil. What ya gonna do? Still some stuck, an de taste GuuD! No time to start over, go wit what you gots! Was good eats!
    Still lucky fer 3rd.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark R; 05-30-2017, 05:31 PM.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Outstanding...Over the top heat and flavor...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Like that MarkDaddy!
      sigpic

Comment

I Know this was good... Outstanding job Mark!!
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Yep, I know I'd love them all.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

what the hell is buttonwood..............sounds painfull!
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
              what the hell is buttonwood..............sounds painfull!
              It's a tree native to South Florida, on coast line. Is what all the "Crackers" traditionally use for smoking fish, mullet in particular.
              "Fruit" looks like "buttons"
              Last edited by Mark R; 05-31-2017, 12:21 AM.
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

dern sure a change of taste!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                X