Local Butcher Shop Add This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Butcher Shop Add This Week

Love the boneless skinless thighs for grilling. Stocking up tomorrow [emoji106]

sigpic

Darn, them thighs is espenssive! Round $1.00/lb here? Course they raises a bunch of them here tooooo!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thats a great price Fish - Not sure if you've heard of it but I buy some items from Zaycon foods every now and then and they had a sale the other day on Skinless, Boneless thighs and I think they were 1.59. I just checked and I see their back up to 1.99 though. If you sign up they send emails on sales.

It's a little different when you order from them they come in large packs like 30 lbs. so you gotta have space & repackage some items into smaller units. Not sure where in Oly your at but they pick a spot and you pick it up from their truck (I see they have Oly, Lacey & Tumwater delivery spots). You might check it out sometime - Some good info on their website. It works for some people depending on quantity & time and when they deliver what product your looking for, ie: steak, seafood, chicken, etc.
      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a carnivore's candy store... I'd like a few lbs of the cod.
        sigpic
        It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
        A man just can't have to many toys..
        Akorn smoker

Comment

Originally posted by BrisketJunkie View Post
          Looks like a carnivore's candy store... I'd like a few lbs of the cod.
          Yeah, me too... Cod rocks!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

All looks like Great prices to me!!
            All better than we get around here!

However I might be wrong, but I've been staying away from Cod, because whenever I look up Parasites in Fish, the first one they mention is "Cod".

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
              All looks like Great prices to me!!
              All better than we get around here!

However I might be wrong, but I've been staying away from Cod, because whenever I look up Parasites in Fish, the first one they mention is "Cod".

Bear
              That is only a concern if you are eating raw fish. Even freezing kills the Cod worms. As long as you cook it, it is fine. Here is a reference,
              http://www.seafoodhealthfacts.org/se...pics/parasites

I love me some cod grilled!!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                That is only a concern if you are eating raw fish. Even freezing kills the Cod worms. As long as you cook it, it is fine. Here is a reference,
                http://www.seafoodhealthfacts.org/se...pics/parasites

I love me some cod grilled!!

LOL---I've read all that stuff over the last 8 years.
                However I'm not crazy about Dead worms either.

And it's not only raw fish, It's smoked fish too, if you don't smoke it hot enough, or freeze it to one of the many Temp & Time combos.

My point is, many fish have parasites, but for some reason they usually go right to Cod when they're on the topic, so I just stay away from it.
                I don't miss it---There's a lot of other species.

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

The Chicken thighs seem expensive. If they're giving a price break on 40lb boxes makes me think it is the same thigh chunks you'd get from C&C for a1.00/lb. But I'd go drop 45 dollars for 10lbs of them short ribs and another 17 for 10lbs of the CSR(s) in an instant! That 20lbs of meat would make for a great 4th of July BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                    The Chicken thighs seem expensive. If they're giving a price break on 40lb boxes makes me think it is the same thigh chunks you'd get from C&C for a1.00/lb. But I'd go drop 45 dollars for 10lbs of them short ribs and another 17 for 10lbs of the CSR(s) in an instant! That 20lbs of meat would make for a great 4th of July BBQ.
                    My guess would be they are probably the same thighs CnC has in the 40# boxes. I have bought a box before from CnC, frozen, and kinda a PITA to separate and vac pack and freeze separately. I thought the thigh price was pretty reasonable, though seems a little higher than last thyme I bought them from them, considering I bought some at WalMart on my way home last night for $2.79 #. New add comes oot tomorrow, see what they got
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      My guess would be they are probably the same thighs CnC has in the 40# boxes. I have bought a box before from CnC, frozen, and kinda a PITA to separate and vac pack and freeze separately. I thought the thigh price was pretty reasonable, though seems a little higher than last thyme I bought them from them, considering I bought some at WalMart on my way home last night for $2.79 #. New add comes oot tomorrow, see what they got
                      They $1.20-$1,40/lb at Sams here? Maybe cause they raise a lot here?
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

Does it seem odd to anyone else that they (the butcher) needs to use the adjective "true" when referring to cod?
                        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                          Does it seem odd to anyone else that they (the butcher) needs to use the adjective "true" when referring to cod?
                          moving a wing...Verb/Adjective/Noun...wth/wtf...slip...son yells don't drop it! dad u okay...No...just ran me codsack into that sawhorse...cod is not in my vocabulary right now!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            Darn, them thighs is espenssive! Round $1.00/lb here? Course they raises a bunch of them here tooooo!
                            Mark the add says sizziling savings
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X