Restaurant Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the rules

I just walked in with my business license and tax number and they gave me a card. When they asked me my main couse of buisness, I told them transportation. I told them I host "customer" gatherings and am in charge of all the company funtions. Then they asked me how many cards I wanted.

I have to show the business license every year. I made the mistake of giving them a tax id. Because i am not reselling food, i am not tax exempt. I have tried to correct it three times to no avail.

I am sure if we get audited again from the fine folks in Springfield, I will have some splain'in to do.

Comment

Awesome one here in pdx and st.Louis ribs are only 2.08/lb. Thank you for bringing this up.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
        The one in Pennsauken is impressive. Got a card, let me know if I can help. Planning on attending the comp in Middletown, maybe hook up with you there.
        Hoping to check out Middleton this year.
        Would be great to meet up with some folks from the site. Phil and Alex ought to be there as well.
        There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

to get a RD membership I set up a bbq catering business(got a tax id #, etc.) that I have never opened. Free and easy.

With the above said I rarely go to RD anymore. Pack sizes are too big for me, and I like to use better meat for my family and friends(their IBP is good, but I like better).

When I do the competition I am doing in September Ill probably head there for my ribs, lump and some other items though.
          Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
            Would be great to meet up with some folks from the site. Phil and Alex ought to be there as well.
            Never been to a comp, have been to the BBQ gathering in Wildwood a couple of times but that was several years ago. Looking forward to Middletown, not too far and I'll definitely be looking to meet Phil and Alex.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
              Never been to a comp, have been to the BBQ gathering in Wildwood a couple of times but that was several years ago. Looking forward to Middletown, not too far and I'll definitely be looking to meet Phil and Alex.
              Hope to meet up with you guys! Hawg Heaven will definitely be there, as will Black Cat... look us up guys!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                Hope to meet up with you guys! Hawg Heaven will definitely be there, as will Black Cat... look us up guys!!
                You can count on it!
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  So when is this Middleton Comp?? The only comp I've ever been to was the North Wildwood NJ BBQ Comp n Blues fest. It was OK, it was cool to be able to walk through the competitors area and see what they were doing. More commercialized than anything, most of the crowd was buying over-priced 3 ribs pieces, small tiny brisket or pp sammies...Two cool vendors there was the corn on the cob roaster, that was great corn!! (Still over priced) And a cool soda guy. You bought this stainless steel cup from him and then you could drink soda all day. He had mostly old fashioned sodas like sasparilla, birch beer, black cherry, etc...oh 3 cool vendors...the Marines were there!!
                  Mustang electric smoker
                  King Kooker vertical gasser
                  Charbroil silver smoker
                  Earnhardt Jr smoker
                  Brinkman smoke n' grill
                  a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Here you go...Its in 2 weeks.....

http://www.bbqbug.com/bbq-event/middletown-bbq-cook

Feel free to stop in and chat....best time is after last turn in at 1:30 pm saturday.....We are Black Cat BBQ and Phil is Hawg Heaven Smoking BBQ...

I have not been to a competition that i wasnt competing at....Some are way better for public then others....We always seem have extra food,so a chance to chat me or phil up would prolly make it more appealing IMO....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                      Here you go...Its in 2 weeks.....

http://www.bbqbug.com/bbq-event/middletown-bbq-cook

Feel free to stop in and chat....best time is after last turn in at 1:30 pm saturday.....We are Black Cat BBQ and Phil is Hawg Heaven Smoking BBQ...

I have not been to a competition that i wasnt competing at....Some are way better for public then others....We always seem have extra food,so a chance to chat me or phil up would prolly make it more appealing IMO....
                      Ah, hubby is doing a firework show for Debtford Days over in Jersey that Saturday. Are you guys doing any other local comps this summer? That Middleton one is probably only like an hour 15 south from me. We also spend a lot of weekends at the Jersey shore...(no I'm not quoting Billy Joel)

I've already had the pleasure of meeting Phil a few years ago, he and Mrs. Phil met my hubby and I and Monstah Matty at a restaurant in Philly and had a nice dinner together!
                      Mustang electric smoker
                      Charbroil silver smoker
                      Earnhardt Jr smoker
                      Brinkman smoke n' grill

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
                        Ah, hubby is doing a firework show for Debtford Days over in Jersey that Saturday. Are you guys doing any other local comps this summer? That Middleton one is probably only like an hour 15 south from me. We also spend a lot of weekends at the Jersey shore...(no I'm not quoting Billy Joel)

I've already had the pleasure of meeting Phil a few years ago, he and Mrs. Phil met my hubby and I and Monstah Matty at a restaurant in Philly and had a nice dinner together!
                        Deptford Days? Hadn't heard of that though I haven't been there in a few years and used to go only for the restaurants or the mall.

15 hours is a bit of a drive just to go hang out but Dover is coming up and I know Phil and Alex have been at Dover before but not sure what is what for this year.
                        That's sometime in August I think.
                        There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Deptford Days? Hadn't heard of that though I haven't been there in a few years and used to go only for the restaurants or the mall.

15 hours is a bit of a drive just to go hang out but Dover is coming up and I know Phil and Alex have been at Dover before but not sure what is what for this year.
                          That's sometime in August I think.
                          I meant that as an hour and fifteen minutes south...I'm out near King of Prussia...

Debtford Days - http://www.deptfordday.com/index.htm

My brother has a fireworks company and this is his second year doing the fireworks show for this fair...my hubs helps him set up and shoot.
                          Mustang electric smoker
                          Charbroil silver smoker
                          Earnhardt Jr smoker
                          Brinkman smoke n' grill

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

I originally wanted to reply to this thread for the Restaurant Depot. I was a member a few years ago and had planned on going to the one in Manyunk but we never made it. We became members as non-profits through our VFW, I'm the commander and hubs is the bar manager. We don't sell food really, but we put out spreads once in a while and need new equipment occasionally...but there was no issue going through the non-profit side of it...
                            Mustang electric smoker
                            Charbroil silver smoker
                            Earnhardt Jr smoker
                            Brinkman smoke n' grill

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Working...
                            X