Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvengerSS View Post
    you are so right
    Only it wasn't "China." It was Traeger. They submit their designs to the Chinese manufacturer and it gets built per Traeger's specs. Their manufacturer told them that for 15 bucks more per unit, they could get 2 mm thicker steel and Traeger turned it down. They already mark up the grills 300% over manufacturer cost. You'd think they could afford some better materials.
    As far as the controllers go; the guy that builds these temp controllers builds one to fix the problems with the Traeger for something like 40 bucks.

Tom

Comment

He needs to make a few you tube videos of it in action. A well made video is worth a million words talk is cheap. I have been looking at a stoker but it a little spendy right now.

Comment

Any updates yet?
        Stumps Baby
        Bubba Keg Convection Grill
        Digi Q
        Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
        Custom end grain cutting board
        Superfast Yellow Thermapen
        18 " Smoke Vault
        12" AMNTS
        AMNPS
        Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Just curious

Originally posted by COLORADOBBQSUPPLY View Post
          Um you put China and top notch in the same paragraph? After all the CRAP we have got from them?

I would gladly pay 5 times that amount for something made in the USA...

Matter of fact my STOKER works just as good today as the day it arrived over five years ago.

Sorry for the rant. I am just a die hard "Made in America" guy.
          I went looking at the stoker web site and not once could i find made in America. On there paper work do they say Made in America or Assembled??
          I to believe in Creating jobs in America and try to spend my $ accordingly.
          What little i get from gov Disability that is.
          Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
          Disabled
          Member American Legion
          Life Member NRA
          Life Member ARRL

Comment

Updates and/or reviews of the controller mentioned in this thread?
            Smokin' in the valley! God bless the USA!!

Comment

Working...
            X