"Pellicle-izer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Get some oats down yer and add less fat to your sausage ;-)
    Works for me.

Nice looking salmon too - but you do know there's loads of fat in salmon right ?
    lol
    Fortunately I like oats, and grains in general.

Yes, but it's "good" fat... and O-3's. Highly recommended on my "sheet"
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      Nice looking salmon too - but you do know there's loads of fat in salmon right ?
      lol
      the fat is what makes it a good smoking fish.... but the fat in salmon, trouts, and chars is an excellent source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, known as Omega-3 fatty acids. (These polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are the "good" kind of fat, have been associated with reducing heart disease and inhibiting the onset of inflammatory diseases).

Omega-3 fatty acids are a nutritional benefit found in all oily fish such as salmon and are not contained in any meat and few other seafood products to any significant degree. The fishes included are the salmons, trouts, chars, and the whitefish/tulibee/grayling. by the way a lake trout and a brook trout are not true trouts, they are named that for some unknown reason but reality they are in the char family. i know its something cliff klaven would spout off lol.
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X