No announcement yet.

$345.78 Shipped Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a deal on a 22 WSM for 275 first month so they came out years back....Black Cat seems collect all types for later re-sale though....

JIM nailed it for normal use... the 18 much more efficent,but if doing 6 butts a 22.5 is a nice piece etc....

We still have 4 of 18 in stock........2 of the 18 prolly still be more efficent then one 22.....The 22 inchers have place though....

Me original 18 incher 10 years plus and been to hollers and beach and used till this day.....Fine smokers that turn out excellent Q.....

I look for deals and even that price steep for me,but if that what you gonna use... it will last long time etc....
    Last edited by ALX; 04-27-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Good points alx

Mine was a gift, I could have chosen either one, I am not hung up on having the biggest smoker(it's the cook not the cooker), so the 18.5 was most practical for me.

The 22.5" I borrowed was a fun experiment though.

Funny thing the 18.5" more than held it's own at the competitions I did last year. Spanked folks with UDS smokers up to multiple thousand dollar tow behinds.

Right now I'm saving for a pig cooker.
      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

I'll Jack Miss Opal up!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
          Good points alx

Mine was a gift, I could have chosen either one, I am not hung up on having the biggest smoker(it's the cook not the cooker), so the 18.5 was most practical for me.

The 22.5" I borrowed was a fun experiment though.

Funny thing the 18.5" more than held it's own at the competitions I did last year. Spanked folks with UDS smokers up to multiple thousand dollar tow behinds.

Right now I'm saving for a pig cooker.
          More then few top comp teams use only 18.5...We started with 4 of them..one for each categorie....

I agree 100% with you JIM.....That smoker will give you a smoked product that can and does compete regularly anywhere from home to money gigs....

The rub and flavors are up to us etc....Me 10 year old 18.5 aint perty no more,but i will keep her for lifetime hopefully....She takin lickin(1000 smokes,grill smokes) and still ticking....

Nothin like me boys flippen out over grill smoked turkey/chicken or slow smoked fish at 3500 feet in middle nowhere etc...Or on atlantic ocean etc..in middle nowhere

Hard to break a DRUM down into 3 pieces etc....
          Last edited by ALX; 04-27-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Me want new 22. Get 18 used on CL .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Me want new 22. Get 18 used on CL .

You can get some good deals on 18.5 Fish Daddy...Just ask POP-POP...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                You can get some good deals on 18.5 Fish Daddy...Just ask POP-POP...
                Just aint seen one on CL close by in a while.... I think I want em both though eventually
                sigpic

Comment

Not to step on anyones toes but I've got an easy way to get one for much less. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on another forum back in February when I got mine. Note the link is now at $315. Don't forget to make Lowes price match and give you the additional 10% off which should bring it under $300. I posted this and over 20 confirmed people have taken advantage of it that have posted on that thread on the other forum. It definitely works.

Here is what I did. Sears has the 22" WSM at $320. However it is not sold directly by Sears, it says sold by Stanios. Sears offers no free shipping whatsoever, and it cost about $125 to have it shipped so it's well over $400 See link below.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

The good news is Lowes does not know that the shipping is not free. So what I did is I called Lowes customer service and asked them to price match. The rep told me they had to call my local store and ask the store manager to agree with the price match. The rep put me on hold and called the mgr., he agreed and voila. I got my WSM with free shipping to the store for $320 plus tax.

Oh I tried with HD, and they were willing to price match as well, but they were showing out of stock at the time. I just checked now as I'm writing all of this and it's in stock at HD too, with free shipping. Take advantage brothers before Sears pulls the ad.

Here is the link to the original thread.
                  http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101002
                  (mods please delete if cross posting is not allowed, sorry)
                  Kamado Big Joe
                  Kamado Classic Joe
                  Weber Simpsons OTG
                  "H" Redhead Weber OTS
                  Simpsons Smokey Joe Silver
                  Grey Smokey Joe Gold
                  http://smoothsmoke.blogspot.com/

Comment

I forgot to mention. They will only price match it over the phone, not in person.
                    Kamado Big Joe
                    Kamado Classic Joe
                    Weber Simpsons OTG
                    "H" Redhead Weber OTS
                    Grey Smokey Joe Gold

Comment

I'm makin an 18.5" UDS now (30 Gal) for the reasons mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothSmoke View Post
                        Not to step on anyones toes but I've got an easy way to get one for much less. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on another forum back in February when I got mine. Note the link is now at $315. Don't forget to make Lowes price match and give you the additional 10% off which should bring it under $300. I posted this and over 20 confirmed people have taken advantage of it that have posted on that thread on the other forum. It definitely works.

Here is what I did. Sears has the 22" WSM at $320. However it is not sold directly by Sears, it says sold by Stanios. Sears offers no free shipping whatsoever, and it cost about $125 to have it shipped so it's well over $400 See link below.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1

The good news is Lowes does not know that the shipping is not free. So what I did is I called Lowes customer service and asked them to price match. The rep told me they had to call my local store and ask the store manager to agree with the price match. The rep put me on hold and called the mgr., he agreed and voila. I got my WSM with free shipping to the store for $320 plus tax.

Oh I tried with HD, and they were willing to price match as well, but they were showing out of stock at the time. I just checked now as I'm writing all of this and it's in stock at HD too, with free shipping. Take advantage brothers before Sears pulls the ad.

Here is the link to the original thread.
                        http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101002
                        (mods please delete if cross posting is not allowed, sorry)
                        nice tip, should help some folks out for sure.
                        Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Have 2 HD & 2 Lowe's within 10 minutes of my house...... First 3 would not price match, but the last call to Lowe's said they would match Sear's price, but ONLY match it, not beat it by 10% because they would have to order it. So about $343 including tax....
                          sigpic

Comment

Have 2 HD & 2 Lowe's within 10 minutes of my house...... First 3 would not price match, but the last call to Lowe's said they would match Sear's price, but ONLY match it, not beat it by 10% because they would have to order it. So about $343 including tax....
                            Glad it worked!
                            Kamado Big Joe
                            Kamado Classic Joe
                            Weber Simpsons OTG
                            "H" Redhead Weber OTS
                            Grey Smokey Joe Gold

Comment

I would really consider strongly an 18.5 first fisherman filet.....I have had a 18.5 10 years and fine for regular family use.....The 22" are way bigger then most would ever need on regular basis....

Comment

Good point Big Al.I have those Big shiny Black toy eyes going. I'm on CL daily looking.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X