A new controller on the Market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new controller on the Market!

I was crusing the web tonight and stumbled across an new controll system to hit the market. Comes with the controller two probes pit, and meat a fiftycfm fan the adaptor for fan mount and weather proof box to mount fan in and controller i think. all made from stainless nice looking rig. ALL FOR $138.00 AMERICAN. Can u believe that I will try to post the link. I have sent a email to this guy requesting so more info seems that he is out of China of course. But from what I can see it is top notch real nice system. all the bells and whistles even has wifi connection so you can interface with your pc and set all temp and alarms from the easy boy while your watching the game. As soon as I get more info I will post it with some pic and the link to his site.
    Out in the bush!canada:

Um you put China and top notch in the same paragraph? After all the CRAP we have got from them?

I would gladly pay 5 times that amount for something made in the USA...

Matter of fact my STOKER works just as good today as the day it arrived over five years ago.

Sorry for the rant. I am just a die hard "Made in America" guy.
    Eric O.
    Blog - Smoke On The Rockies
    Owner - Colorado BBQ Supply

Comment

Originally posted by COLORADOBBQSUPPLY View Post
      Um you put China and top notch in the same paragraph? After all the CRAP we have got from them?

I would gladly pay 5 times that amount for something made in the USA...

Matter of fact my STOKER works just as good today as the day it arrived over five years ago.

Sorry for the rant. I am just a die hard "Made in America" guy.
      I have one word...Traeger! China turned an awesome machine into a pile O crap!

Comment

guys not sure if that where it from found hard too beleive myself looks really well built. Being a millwright by trade I have never seen anything made in china that lasted. But honestly food grade stainless steel used all tig welded. Stainless steel armour casing on the probe wires really I was really surprised. Like I said I will try to figure out how to post a link and you guys have a look.
        Out in the bush!canada:

Comment

I too was a die hard made in north america guy until I bought my last atv. It is a Artic Cat 500 two up. Well the problems I had and are still having is unbelevable 50 km cv joints fall out of it 75 km new starter 100 head gasket leaking. I would be here all day listing the problems I have had with it. it has been in the shop more then it has been at home. Just goes to show you that you can end up with junk no matter where it comes from.
          Out in the bush!canada:

Comment

Originally posted by webby View Post
            I was crusing the web tonight and stumbled across an new controll system to hit the market. Comes with the controller two probes pit, and meat a fiftycfm fan the adaptor for fan mount and weather proof box to mount fan in and controller i think. all made from stainless nice looking rig. ALL FOR $138.00 AMERICAN. Can u believe that I will try to post the link. I have sent a email to this guy requesting so more info seems that he is out of China of course. But from what I can see it is top notch real nice system. all the bells and whistles even has wifi connection so you can interface with your pc and set all temp and alarms from the easy boy while your watching the game. As soon as I get more info I will post it with some pic and the link to his site.
            Made in China ........ no thanks.

Designed and manufactured in USA by Digital Power & Motion, designers and manufacturer of industrial controls!

http://www.pitmasteriq.com/

Seen these babies in action at Mt Morris, Mi KCBS comp. Very nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crewdawg52 View Post
              Made in China ........ no thanks.

Designed and manufactured in USA by Digital Power & Motion, designers and manufacturer of industrial controls!

http://www.pitmasteriq.com/

Seen these babies in action at Mt Morris, Mi KCBS comp. Very nice.
              I have one of the IQ 110.They do work slick.
              sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Originally posted by webby View Post
                Webby, just copy the web address and paste it on to the page, I'm curious what it is or just type in the name.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Webby, just copy the web address and paste it on to the page, I'm curious what it is or just type in the name.

Mark here is what Webby is talking about... LINK
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks TH! Looks interesting but.....ahummmm......China. I'm looking for another one (I have an IQue & very happy) for my big offset. Maybe time to take another look at Auber or Stoker, need a bigger fan for the offset.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Thanks TH! Looks interesting but.....ahummmm......China.
                      Even if it wasn't made in China, I can hardly understand his description.

Following is a real case
                      As there are too many data to input, better to write down on paper.
                      Stage I, 140F , 240 Minutes, low temperature Alarm 130F, high temperature alarm 150F
                      Stage II, 160F, 120 Minutes, low temperature Alarm 150F, high temperature alarm 170F
                      Stage III, 170F, 60 Minutes, low temperature Alarm 160F, high temperature alarm 180F
                      Stage IV, 200F, 30 Minutes, low temperature Alarm 190F, high temperature alarm 210F
                      Whenever meat reaches 150F, it will keep 150F for 60 minutes, then keep meat temperature at 130F forever.
                      During full course, the pit temperature is limied under 210F .You will never worry about overburn of your meat.
                      I think I'll stick with the Auber.

Dave
                      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                      UDS 1.0
                      Afterburner
                      Weber Performer
                      Blue Thermapen
                      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                      Auber Smoker Controller
                      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                      -
                      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                        Even if it wasn't made in China, I can hardly understand his description.

I think I'll stick with the Auber.

Dave
                        Dave, It gives you four "preset" time modes so you can run the first hour(or 5) at 140°, the second hour at 160°, the third at 200° and finish at 250°. All of the times and temps are adjustable.
                        Mark
                        sigpic

Comment

Dave, It gives you four "preset" time modes so you can run the first hour(or 5) at 140°, the second hour at 160°, the third at 200° and finish at 250°. All of the times and temps are adjustable.
                          Oh . . . thanks.

Dave
                          Last edited by DDave; 12-18-2011, 04:21 PM.
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                            Oh . . . thanks.

I tried to read it through more thoroughly.

Dave
                            Yea I know what you mean, if it sounds too good too be true, it usually...
                            Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

I have had a rather lengthy email exchange with the inventor of this controller. He really knows his stuff. I have asked him if he would mind if I do a product review on the wifi controller, and he has agreed to let me handle that.
                              He has been here lurking and he has expressed his displeasure with the direction that this thread took. He says he's no crook and has asked me to post some eBay links to show that he really has a good sales record and to show his 100% feedback rating.

So here are those links as quoted from our last email.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_9166wt_992
                              One piece was sold. Indeed I sold 100+ pieces before. Links were deleted by eBay due to over time.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_9675wt_992
                              10 pieces were sold
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3206wt_810
                              5 pieces were sold and the link is still active.
                              My feedbacks are all positive.
                              His English is not very good, but you get the point.
                              He seems like a very intelligent and honorable guy.
                              Look for a full product review from me after the first of the year.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X