A new controller on the Market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I have had a rather lengthy email exchange with the inventor of this controller. He really knows his stuff. I have asked him if he would mind if I do a product review on the wifi controller, and he has agreed to let me handle that.
    He has been here lurking and he has expressed his displeasure with the direction that this thread took.
    Well, Tom, if you vouch for him then that's good enough for me.

Tell him I apologize for jumping to conclusions and have edited my post accordingly. But I can't edit the quoted post.

Aside from that, tell him to join. His English is certainly better than some of the alcohol fueled early morning posts that we see here from time to time.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Tom, I don't think any malace was intended... If it sounds to good to be true, it mostlikely is to good to be true... I thank you for taking the time to contact him, but if he felt that the thread was going in a negative direction I would have hoped he would register and defend his product with some of the information you have posted and some reviews from some of his customers.. I myself have no need for this type of product I feel it would take away my enjoyment of working my pit...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I would be interested in seeing a local review of the product. Honestly the lack of clarity on the website would be enough to keep a lot of folks from buying the unit.

First the review, second a more clear, consise website to describe each package and what the buyer will receive and what the unit REALLY does.

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
        Chargriller Duo W/ SFB and mods
        Uni-Flame kettle grill - poor lonely grill
        *New - Home made Drum Smoker with options*
        Various other tools of mass destruction

Comment

I saw this product some time ago and didn't do any more investigating other than reading his website. I was a little worried it was a scam but glad someone has taken the challenge to test it out. I does look interesting and can't wait for the Tom's results.
          www.nopigleftbehind.com
          -----------------------------

Comment

Man, I would love to try out something like that! Looking forward to Tom's review. I'm afeared being a blonde girl might hinder it's proper set-up and usage though.

I did manage to install my new chip tray for my MES though.

Comment

Originally posted by PigCicles View Post
              I would be interested in seeing a local review of the product.
              If you scroll down the page at this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...#ht_9675wt_992

you will see that the op, webby, apparently already bought one and posted about it at the Brethren site.

Webby has not logged in here since 9-26-2011 and the original thread started in August and got bumped a couple of days ago which led to a lot of confusion I think.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Alright, I'm gonna try it. I need more fan for the offset!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Well, I'm confused looking at all this stuff, even the Ebay listing. Running a BGE and even a DigiQII, I'm:

Look forward to the review and organization on this one.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE
                  Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Mine should be on its way. I'll do a comparison to the Stoker and the Guru, cause that's all I got.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                      I have had a rather lengthy email exchange with the inventor of this controller.

He has contacted me with interest on advertising on the site.. I have not corresponded back to him yet..
                      Ken

Comment

Well I just bought one cause......cause! So Gunny will have one and I will and well shall see. I bought the WiFi version, Merry Christmas to me!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                          Well I just bought one cause......cause! So Gunny will have one and I will and well shall see. I bought the WiFi version, Merry Christmas to me!

Man I love it when things work out and we get the gifts we want...
                          Ken

Comment

Looking forward to the review. I have a guru but am intrigued by the wifi. The stoker is very nice, but hard to justify $400 bucks.
                            Stumps Baby
                            Bubba Keg Convection Grill
                            Digi Q
                            Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
                            Custom end grain cutting board
                            Superfast Yellow Thermapen
                            18 " Smoke Vault
                            12" AMNTS
                            AMNPS
                            Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                              I have one word...Traeger! China turned an awesome machine into a pile O crap!
                              you are so right
                              Large Green Egg
                              Weber kettle 26.75
                              Cajun Grill
                              Cold Beer
                              MES 30"

Comment

Originally posted by 44 bbq View Post
                                Looking forward to the review. I have a guru but am intrigued by the wifi. The stoker is very nice, but hard to justify $400 bucks.
                                They had to machine an air connection for my offset, supposed to ship this week. Waiting, tap tap tap tap! I will post when I receive it.
                                Mark
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X