Aldi's Charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi's Charcoal

I don't know if the Aldi's grocery store in your area has their charcoal discounted now. But the one I shop at has 16 lb bags now for 1.49
    and I've bought 10 bags of it. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

curious who is making their charcoal for them.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

damn i just drove by Aldi's yesterday but i was in a hurry to get to the music store before it closed. i'll check tomorrow.
      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
      cast iron Hibachi
      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
      & rotisserator
      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
      my music recordings-
      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Helluva price! Got one aboot 6 or 8 miles from here in MD... gotta check it out!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

i have no clue to who or what an aldi's is, but that sure is a good price on charcoal
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
            i have no clue to who or what an aldi's is, but that sure is a good price on charcoal
            It's like the dollar store of grocery chains. Not too bad, some decent deals to be had. Quality on some products can be good, but I've generally found that most of the stuff is just meh.

http://www.aldi.us/index_ENU_HTML.htm
            sigpic

Comment

Aldi's carries some good products, and other crap as well. I have found their 28 ounce Dakota brand baked beans beat the heck outa Bush's for like a buck19. Corn chips.........99 cents, tortilla chips.......$1.19 and tater chips..........$1.39........really good for summer dippin. Dill pickles aint bad either...scared to try the other stuff...oh yea, some of the produce is pretty nice....cept the mexican stuff hehe

Comment

Varies by store

Deals at Aldis's very by store and region. I have not seen charcoal in our local store.

They have some good deals and some Ok deals. I believe it has German roots, and a based on "simple" quick shopping. You only have a handful of choices of a given product, not 30 like at the super stores.

My primary purchases include Chocolate, Wine, and Bacon.

Comment

Thats too good a price not to try it, im heading there tomorrow now, thanks

Comment

Re:

Yes, ALDI is a German Grocery Store Chain. They do things a bit different
                    than the American owned and operated stores.

http://www.aldi.us/index_ENU_HTML.htm

But there are some deals to be had through the year.

I just bought 4 more bags while I was by there today.
                    With any luck I'll be buying in quantity again this time next
                    year. Same with the deal on Kingsford at Home Depot & Lowes
                    on those 20# doubles for $7.50 or what ever.

But if you use lots of charcoal, $1.49 for 16# ain't too shabby.

Comment

Gotta remember you get what you pay for most times. Guessing this charcoal is the bottom of the barrel stuff loaded with fillers for that price.

I've been to Aldi a couple times, not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                        Gotta remember you get what you pay for most times. Guessing this charcoal is the bottom of the barrel stuff loaded with fillers for that price.

I've been to Aldi a couple times, not impressed.

Hey Jim, you might be missing some stuff. Their sugar, milk and even frozen food section can't be beat by regular grocery stores. We don't buy much grocery store chicken, but when we do we get it out of the frozen case at Aldi's, dirt cheap. The boneless, skinless chicken breasts are flash frozen and aren't stuck all together like at most places. The sugar is cheaper there than anyplace, even beats dollar stores and is still bagged in 5 pound bags, not 4 pounders. Chips and snacks are there are great, unfamiliar names, but your taste buds won't be disappointed with their nacho chips. Milk is generally $1 to $2 cheaper than the grocery store. Our closest Aldi's is 27 miles and we go once a month. Never saw any charcoal, but we are headed that way on our monthly Aldi/Wal-Mart run this friday.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                          Hey Jim, you might be missing some stuff. Their sugar, milk and even frozen food section can't be beat by regular grocery stores. We don't buy much grocery store chicken, but when we do we get it out of the frozen case at Aldi's, dirt cheap. The boneless, skinless chicken breasts are flash frozen and aren't stuck all together like at most places. The sugar is cheaper there than anyplace, even beats dollar stores and is still bagged in 5 pound bags, not 4 pounders. Chips and snacks are there are great, unfamiliar names, but your taste buds won't be disappointed with their nacho chips. Milk is generally $1 to $2 cheaper than the grocery store. Our closest Aldi's is 27 miles and we go once a month. Never saw any charcoal, but we are headed that way on our monthly Aldi/Wal-Mart run this friday.
                          I have a couple Aldis near my house, I think the last item I bought from them was pumkin pie filling last Thanksgiving when Super WalMart was out.

They never look crowded, perhaps I should go back and look around.

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                            I have a couple Aldis near my house, I think the last item I bought from them was pumkin pie filling last Thanksgiving when Super WalMart was out.

They never look crowded, perhaps I should go back and look around.
                            That would be my suggestion. Here in NE Kansas the 4.5 pound bag of boneless skinless chicken greasts is $4.25 for the bag. The spice rack isn't much worth mentioning, but they do have sea salt, paprika, cumin, oregano and others. Most of what they have is not name brand, but they do have weekly specials that feature name brand and special purchase items. They put out a weekly email every Wednesday of whats on sale that week and they also have a smart phone app.

But we never buy fresh meat there or veggies and fruit. Never had good luck with the quality of those items there. For us, the meat has no taste, not even the pork. Maybe we have spoiled ourselves with farm raised beef, pork and chicken and fruits/veggies. They also usually have good high quality chocolates, especially near the big holidays.
                            sigpic

Comment

Re:

The manager told me that they wanted to get rid of it during the Labor Day weekend. Thus the low sell out price. It's normally like $4.65 a 16 lb bag
                              and they have no problem selling it through the summer. They just don't like having a pallet or two laying around after Labor day as they will be stuck with it through the winter and have to stow it in their limited warehouse space. We've had cold rainy weather here due to the hurricanes so the stuff isn't selling very fast.

I've also used Kingsford and others and don't see much difference in any of them. Some folks only want the name brand stuff at full price as it's somehow reassuring them. I really mentioned this for the bargain hunters.

Comment

Working...
                              X