Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Slab of Salmon on the Fire

Another camp meal...
    Wanted to try a crab stuffed salmon slab on the tractor rim, see if it would work without being too much of a pain.

I thought about stringing the brussel sprouts on a skewer but said to heck with it and used my popcorn popper.
    Added bacon and drippings, onions, garlic, coarse salt and cracked black pepper..

Just gave it a shake every once in awhile..

made the crab stuffing ... crab, onions, garlic, parsley, lemon juice...Pookie G Dayum rub... I think that was all.

trimmed and stuffed the salmon...seasoned it with Pookie G Season All..

Left the skin on the fish and oiled well before placing on the tractor rim...

had a log burning on each side of the fish, no fire underneath...

It took about 30 minutes to cook...

It worked well. I was worried it would stick to the grill or be a pain to lift off, but it didn't give me any trouble at all.

I toasted bagels and spread them with cream cheese, onions, seasonings and topped with leftover salmon the next day.. It was tasty too. :)

Now that I know it works, I'm going to make this again!

Thanks for looking!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Wow. Stuffed salmon, who would have thought.

Comment

Thanks Adam!
      I make this often at home on the grill or smoker but wanted to see how it worked while camping. Will make it again now that I know it's not so much of a pain. lol
      Thanks again...
      jeanie

Comment

Awesome! All of it!
        sigpic

Comment

i like the idea of making slits and just putting the crab mix in there........looks like it turned out well.
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

All I can say is.....

WOW!!!!

Comment

Once again jeanie, you rocked it!! Stuffed salmon... nice!!! Love your camping posts!! I cannot wait for the papers!

On edit: They got me cuffed again, sayin' I gotta spread 'em...
              Last edited by HawgHeaven; 10-10-2014, 05:28 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That really is a great camp cook Jeanie. Quick, easy and packed with flavor.
                Leftovers for the next day must have been just as good.
                Love it!
                sigpic
                BGE XL
                BGE Mini
                MAK 1 star #385
                Bradley OBS w/Mods
                Weber 22.5 WSM
                Weber 22.5 Kettle
                Pit Barrel Cooker
                La Caja China
                Mini-WSM

Comment

Looking real good!
                  Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Yes that is some great eats there! wonderful!! Bet it had wonderful flavor!
                    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                    Yoder YS640
                    Weber Genesis
                    Weber 18.5" Kettle
                    Weber Performer
                    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I think we need to see what you can do with a pop can and 1 match...

...maybe the rest of us could keep up! Absolutely incredible, Jeanie! You can turn out more Q on a tractor rim than I can at the house.

Love the vertical stuffed idea, AND your horizontal grate adjustment...was wondering why it was so big on the first picture...then I figured it out!

So....despite the awesome salmon and popper veggies...whatcha hiding from us in that last picture?? Yeah...I spotted those bones!!

Comment

That looks amazing! Gotta go get some salmon now!
                        Good One Heritage Oven
                        Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely fantastic! And some more if they let me.
                          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Looks Beautiful, Jeanie!!!

Had to be Mighty Tasty!!

Warning-----Don't get too far from that fishing rod, unless you have the bail open!!!

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Thanks so much everybody! This experiment came about after a discussion with a relative on whether or not I know how to grill hamburgers. I'm preparing this for my next camp out with him.

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                              I think we need to see what you can do with a pop can and 1 match...

...maybe the rest of us could keep up! Absolutely incredible, Jeanie! You can turn out more Q on a tractor rim than I can at the house.

Love the vertical stuffed idea, AND your horizontal grate adjustment...was wondering why it was so big on the first picture...then I figured it out!

So....despite the awesome salmon and popper veggies...whatcha hiding from us in that last picture?? Yeah...I spotted those bones!!

Thanks!! I'm still trying to figure out what to cook using my curling iron for Rich. lol
                              Had a slab of beef back ribs cooking low all afternoon. They came out tasty! Hope to post pics soon. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                              Looks Beautiful, Jeanie!!!

Had to be Mighty Tasty!!

Warning-----Don't get too far from that fishing rod, unless you have the bail open!!!

Bear
                              Thank you Bearcarver! I keep a close eye on those rods. :)
                              jeanie

Comment

Working...
                              X