"Pellicle-izer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Sorry I din't get a shot right outta the smoker...but here's a lunch goin' into the freezer.
    Looks great, Rich!

Got a bit of bad news from the Doc on the cholesterol front this week. Sigh.
    Sorry to hear that. I struggle with that stuff too. I'm hoping the chicken sausage and oats in the pork sausage can add some variety though.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Looks delicous....

Comment

Looks healthy. and tatse great I bet. no sea food here. not in the desert. even the best looking of the frozen / fresh is rotten here.
        I sure miss it. But then I may be spoiled from all the great fishing I used to be able to do.
        Rich, as hard as I try to eliminate them (cats) around here that would not last outside very long. they would have a field day with it. I guess I could use it as bait for them. But then the mess on the vechicle.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Dang rich thought you would be using corn cobs. give them a try if you want a nice light smoke on your salmon.
          If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
          Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

looks good rich, may try a spin off on my laker/whitey smoke this weekend... at least on a coupla pieces. never used cure smoking fish but what the heck. thks for sharing!!!
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Good liking fish - I love salmon and sooner or later want to smoke some too. I'm intrigued by the lemon/brown sugar mop!

On a different note, this is the second thread here recently where someone has mentioned their cholesterol being high. *sigh* I went through that about 5 months ago (before I got my smoker and started using the heck out of it cooking all kinds of greasy stuff!) and I've managed to lower by "total" and "bad" by about 80 points each in that period. Bazinga! If you don't mind taking a pill, don't give up on the good stuff. (Honestly, I think my diet has gotten worse sinse the 1st set of lab results LOL)
              Simon

Radix Lecti Rex

Comment

The salmon looks great. I also like the sound of that mop. I got similar news about cholesteral recently too which prompted a couple runs at chicken sausage. Where there is a will, there's a way I guess.
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Looks great Rich, I'm definitely gonna try that!!

What year Jeep Cherokee do I need for this recipe...?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Looks great Rich, I'm definitely gonna try that!!

What year Jeep Cherokee do I need for this recipe...?
                    I have a 2002, but I hear the late 90's are the best for the job
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks very delicious, Rich!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                        Looks very delicious, Rich!
                        Thanks Becky. Had a bit a little while ago too..the smoke really settled in well. The vine maple is some gooood stuff! If yer a fan of salmon, maybe talk to Scott and get a deal going for some!
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks Becky. Had a bit a little while ago too..the smoke really settled in well. The vine maple is some gooood stuff! If yer a fan of salmon, maybe talk to Scott and get a deal going for some!
                          I have a butt load of sugar maple... I'm guessing that should work...?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

All maple is good Hawg. I just noticed a bit of a flavor difference in this vine stuff Scott sent me as opposed to the silver maple I have a bunch of.

Comment

Ya know the RED jeep would be faster then the grey jeep. Red rules in speed whether jeep or thermo pen. (snicker)
                              If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
                              Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

Got a bit of bad news from the Doc on the cholesterol front this week. Sigh.
                                Get some oats down yer and add less fat to your sausage ;-)
                                Works for me.

Nice looking salmon too - but you do know there's loads of fat in salmon right ?
                                lol
                                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                                X