Ordered me a Sizzle-Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
    the damn coleman is in the popup and its a chore to open it and it just rained so i will pop her up tomorrow and try it out
    And I was just kidding.... ..... I think you will like the performance of it on a Coleman stove....
    sigpic

Comment

well i am talking about the green matchlite coleman not the white one that came in the camper but the green one is 20,000 btu and i have been wanting to open it up and see whats living in there lol

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
        Don't need to go through all of that. Unless you want to. Those coleman white gas stoves are incredibly hot.

I was talking about a 3 burner propane stovetop in a camper/trailer.
        is this the type your talking about?
        http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-bu...ove-35559.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          And I was just kidding.... ..... I think you will like the performance of it on a Coleman stove....
          kidding about what?

Comment

They now produce the Griddle-Q in southeast Michigan and are, at this time, selling in the U.S. and Canada via specialty retailers. The Little Griddle Inc. manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters is located in a 7000 sq. ft. building in Sterling Heights, MI.

This statement off of the Little Griddle website is a load of crap. I just got off the phone with Rick, who by the way manages the website for these people. He told me that for the sake of the company's survival, they have moved the production of both products, The Griddle Q and Sizzle Q to China. It appears that they have caved in to demands from retailers in regards to the price of their products. Pretty sad situation, imo.
            sigpic
            New Braunfels Bandera
            New Braunfels Hondo
            4-22.5" Weber Kettles
            1-26" Weber Kettle
            24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
            Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

ok i just put it on the two burner coleman stove and it works great!! plenty hot and better than the gas grill, so will be killer for camping too, although i will probably just use the coleman at home too

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                This statement off of the Little Griddle website is a load of crap. I just got off the phone with Rick, who by the way manages the website for these people. He told me that for the sake of the company's survival, they have moved the production of both products, The Griddle Q and Sizzle Q to China. It appears that they have caved in to demands from retailers in regards to the price of their products. Pretty sad situation, imo.
                It's a bummer, but they had to do what they had to do. At least the profits stay here...and hopefully that will mean expansion...to take place here. Hopefully.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  It's a bummer, but they had to do what they had to do. At least the profits stay here...and hopefully that will mean expansion...to take place here. Hopefully.
                  Unfortunately that meant a reduction of force in the manufacturing end of their business. Expansion of what................office personnel? While expansion is good, expansion in the manufacturing end of things is always better Makes me wonder how retailers are calling the shots in regards to what a product should sell for
                  sigpic
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  New Braunfels Hondo
                  4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                  1-26" Weber Kettle

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    Unfortunately that meant a reduction of force in the manufacturing end of their business. Expansion of what................office personnel? While expansion is good, expansion in the manufacturing end of things is always better Makes me wonder how retailers are calling the shots in regards to what a product should sell for
                    Hopefully a local place that can produce it for less based on more volume... I can hope, right?

The deal is..."Why should we take up retail space with this product if it's too expensive/not fitting into out "discount" image"" I think?

I had a store owner tell me he loved my rub, but it's twice as much as the crap he carries, and probably won't sell. Sigh.

PEOPLE..there's a GOOD REASON it's more... but today, given the economy, it's a tough sell on a more quality...and expensive product.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

well i just did some fried rice on it and it was warping where the burners were underneath it, like humping up but seemed to go away when i put the food on but it doesnt seem good damnitt and i didnt have the burners high at all so shit!!

Comment

well i just did some fried rice on it and it was warping where the burners were underneath it, like humping up but seemed to go away when i put the food on but it doesnt seem good damnitt and i didnt have the burners high at all so shit!!
                        Bet you're scowlin' worse than ol' Mr. T Keep in mind that you're not using the product as it was intended, which is on a gas grill.
                        Last edited by Mikey; 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM.
                        sigpic
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        New Braunfels Hondo
                        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                        1-26" Weber Kettle

Comment

well its a gas stove lol so thats close right/ it seems to be ok but it discolored the hell out of it

Comment

Prolly go it a bit hot.
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

well its a gas stove lol so thats close right/ it seems to be ok but it discolored the hell out of it
                              Close is only good in horseshoes & hand grenades The discoloration is common with stainless when it gets too close to the heat source. I'm sure it will work fine on a gas grill.
                              sigpic
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              New Braunfels Hondo
                              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                              1-26" Weber Kettle

Comment

yea i wont put it on the coleman again

Comment

Working...