2011 March of Dimes Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbally View Post
    Stopped by today to support Walle and the event.

Excellent barbeque, just excellent.

Well organized event and from what I could tell very well attended.

Saw Bassman there as well.... so the clientele is a little iffy but he seemed in good spirits and in good health. Walle looked like he had been cooking chickens since about 3:30 in the morning.

He has a great staff of volunteers that were serving, and making sides, etc. Nice event Tracy!
    Bob, thank you very, very much! It was great to see you, and I appreciate the comments.

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    I just got back from the event too. You did a fine job once again, Tracey! I'm giving you as well for all the hard work and the great barbeque.
    I went out looking for Bob's new Harley, but he hid it real well. Course, he said we all need a few shots of Crown before I can ride it. Or maybe he didn't mean for me to have the shots.
    Keith, thank you and Tony and your new guy for showing up.. and for getting a box to go for Mrs. Bassman. I really appreciate it.

As far as the final tally, for plated sales we brought in $2,181 in just over an hour and a half. Sales were down over all from last year. Total plates sold were 238, last year was 276. Had the chicken just about spot on, but a ton of pork left over. So... I took Bob's advice, packaged it up, and ended up selling that!

Photobucket is still jacked, can't get S-M albums to work, so I'll do a grand picture update at some point!

Comment

I'll bet you didn't even save enough to make a batch of chimichangas. Remember, fishing season is coming shortly. Memorial day at Pelican Lake.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Tamales? Some of that pork for tamales!
        Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Originally posted by bbally View Post
          Tamales? Some of that pork for tamales!
          We can even smoke up a special batch if you're going to show us how to make tamales.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

As promised!!

Chickens out of Slaughter House Brine for approx 12 hours and sprinkled with Rudy's and Salt Lick.

Pork thawing for the re-heat.

Loaded in the smoker and smoked with cherry and apple for an hour at 300*, then I backed it down to 275* I was really surprised at how they varied in cooking time. I started pulling them at 170* - and pulled roughly 1/3 off at a time. Placed them in foil pans, foiled the top, then started chopping when the last pan came off. Having cockspatched them made the cutting very easy and clean. Two of us chopped up these chickens (eight pieces per) in right at 15 minutes. I don't think it had much effect on overall cook time, which I thought it might. Took between 3 and 4 hours on this batch.

About two hours in.

Ready to eat!

The crew

And finally part of the crowd!! Look close, I'm sure there is a Bally and a Bassman in there somewhere!

Wheew! One hell of a smok'en weekend!
            160#'s of pork, 22 cockspatched chickens, and 3 flats of thighs, Okay?

Thanks for checking out my post!
            Tracey

Comment

Nice Walle! Hey... next time contact me a bit ahead... Mad Hunky would like to make a donation of some rub. They say it's OK, too :{)

GOOD on YA! !
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Nice Walle! Hey... next time contact me a bit ahead... Mad Hunky would like to make a donation of some rub. They say it's OK, too :{)

GOOD on YA! !
                , Mr Rich... I've had it, and who ever said it was "OK" was full of bashizzle! It is DAMN OKAY FINE stuff!!!

I was planning on using MH, and it wasn't until the 11th hour that I realized I had already gone through the 1#'er I received via the Christmas Exchange program. I called Keith and tried to beg some off of him, and all I heard was
                "FFUU-" - BOOM! I think he actually shot the phone...

I went through the smok'en shelf and found that I had Rudy's and SL... Accept my apologies! We'll plan on a total Hunkyfied March of Dimes in 2012!!!

Comment

Tracey,

You rock buddy...damn fine display of good will, smoking, and community. Proud to call you my friend.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

You did it again...........Nicely done........

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

That right there is worth points on many different levels. Good on ya brother
                        sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Mouse to the scales!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

dang Walle, i cannot believe i totally missed this thread... what an undertaking and end results look spectacular!!! sounds like Bassman was doin a bit of sandbagging on this one... looks like you had quite the setup with a full crew and for a great cause. way to go buddy! awesome job Tracey!!!
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X