Baking Bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
    c'mon...Hasn't anyone tried sous vide yet...Gotta be the best bacon ever...

I think I did run across a Google search for baking bacon that did include a SV reference I have NOT tried that..... yet
    sigpic

Comment

You know that would be melt in your mouth tender!
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

It's pretty much the only way I do it anymore.
        A few of my favorite things:
        Good Whiskey
        Good Food
        Bad Girls
        sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
        Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Hey you may be on to something.....I'll let you know tomorrow.....LOL

Comment

Only way I do bacon at home these days, bake it in the oven at 400. Usually just in foil lined cookie tray, it renders and basically frys in it's own fat for a beautiful crispy goodness.

Fat fires are all I've had in the Kamado with bacon, and I've only tried that once...

Pan fried is fine if your pan is not prone to sticking, but most commercial bacon these days is so damn sugar loaded that it burns to the pan regardless.

Comment

So just one question...Does it splatter grease in the oven the same as it can on the stove top? My wife would shoot my ass if I did that
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

So just one question...Does it splatter grease in the oven the same as it can on the stove top? My wife would shoot my ass if I did that
                No..much cleaner. Altho you can top with the parchment paper to prolly eliminate ANY spatter.

to minimize it..start lower..especially with commercial made bacon. Once all the water evaps... crank to 400 or so to finish.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Baking Bacon?

I have found the best way is to wrap baking sheet in foil put bacon on foil, put it in a non pre heated oven. Set oven to 400, when oven is preheated it is done. So easy and comes out perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by zueth; 01-17-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zueth View Post
                    I have found the best way is to wrap baking sheet in foil out bacon on foil, put in I heated oven. Set oven to 400, when oven is preheated it is done. So easy and comes out perfect

I like it! Will have to give it a shot, thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zueth View Post
                      I have found the best way is to wrap baking sheet in foil put bacon on foil, put it in a non pre heated oven. Set oven to 400, when oven is preheated it is done. So easy and comes out perfect

I used to put mine on foil but lately I’ve been putting them on a cooling rack over a couple layers of paper towels. Doesn’t seem to smoke as much that way. But you don’t get to keep the renderings either.
                      Mike
                      Life In Pit Row

Comment

This little Microwave one works great. Easy to clean up with a couple of paper towels and into the dish washer or sink. About 1 minute and 30 seconds per slice is about right for me.
                        It has 3 racks but depending on how many pieces your cooking all 3 are not needed.

PBC Drum Smoker
                        Bradley Digital 4 Rack
                        THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
                        Miss Piggy Smoker
                        Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Originally posted by devo View Post
                          Easy to clean up with a couple of paper towels and into the dish washer or sink.
                          AFTER you pour the fat in yer bacon grease jar..right?

Gads..last I seen that formica countertop was about 1972 in my grandparent’s kitchen
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I first microwave for a minute then bake.

After microwave you get about three table spoons of the world's most delicious bacon juice for other dishes.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by dcarch View Post

After microwave you get about three table spoons of the world's most delicious bacon juice for other dishes.
                              GMTA :{)

Comment

We always bake bacon in the oven at the Country Store. Got a big flat pan and a grated rack that fits it perfectly... easy peasy.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X