No announcement yet.

Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey so far yinz have been great. This is something I have been thinking of for some time. And I can't just jump right into it..may offer my services to some friends for some get togethers, to get "outsider" opinions. Like I said I want to have all my piggies in a row before going to slaughter. I want to do it right, if I decide to do it, so your advice is great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam80 View Post
      Hey so far yinz have been great. This is something I have been thinking of for some time. And I can't just jump right into it..may offer my services to some friends for some get togethers, to get "outsider" opinions. Like I said I want to have all my piggies in a row before going to slaughter. I want to do it right, if I decide to do it, so your advice is great for me.
      Cookin for yo friends is fine, but not a real test. Ya needs to do some small payin cooks for folks that don't know ya. Cookin for payin folks real different, they have expectations... that ya gotta meet. Yo friends, not so much - it free food!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

See if you can pick up a local gig thru a commercial kitchen..a benefit or maybe a Q for a Vet's club or something. Get some real outside feedback. And that'll give you a little more experience with "It's ALWAYS food time" too... serving for 3-4 hours straight.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Great to have you join us Adam80, from North Dakota!
          I have no valuable input to catering, but enjoys reading the replies and learning!
          I have a friend in Michigan that just started a food truck last month and seems to be starting out very well. I enjoy watching his progress, here are a few links if you wish to follow also.
          - www.facebook.com/SparksBBQ
          - www.eatsparksbbq.com/
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
            I have a friend in Michigan that just started a food truck last month and seems to be starting out very well.
            Gee thanks for letting me know... I was up there 3 weeks ago. K... be a while till I go north again, but on the radar.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Here is my advice...Friends and family will always say food is awesome. Especially if it is FREE. Test your product by cooking for a church/school fundraiser or something. Sell the product(church etc gets the cash so yer not bound by as many rules) and get some honest feedback. The reason I say school/church is because most churches, and schools have commercial kitchens and have gone through the inspection process. You can usually piggyback their stuff for a one time fundraiser

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Gee thanks for letting me know... I was up there 3 weeks ago. K... be a while till I go north again, but on the radar.
                Sorry Rich... just watch Dean's FB page, he announces where he will be. Looks like your about 225 miles south of his area. Were you visiting old buddy when you were in Traverse City? J/K ... ... ... ...
                --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

from Tacoma, WA! Glad you joined us. Let's get to cooking up some Hog and Bovine!
                  Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                  Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita
                  Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                  Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                  Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Working...
                  X