Frogmats
    Maverick ET 732
    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
      You're a good man John... excellent choice!
      Thank You Phil !!

Bear

Originally posted by XLR8R View Post
      You had to say that, she was standing behind you.

LOL---On the contrary----I can't let her see that I said that, or she could take advantage of me, and go on a shopping spree!!!
      You don't get to be married 47 years without learning the ropes.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Nope...changed me brain...Chicago...then Grand Funk...
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Another great artist...Not so much a band...

Eric Clapton...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            Another great artist...Not so much a band...

Eric Clapton...
            Yep!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
              Thank You Phil !!

Bear

LOL---On the contrary----I can't let her see that I said that, or she could take advantage of me, and go on a shopping spree!!!
              You don't get to be married 47 years without learning the ropes.

Bear
              Well that is more than double my time of 22 years, 9 months, 1 week, and 1 day. Not that I'm counting! AND I'm lucky, she hates shopping!
              Weber 22.5
              Lil Chief
              1950's Crosley Shelvadore
              Bradley Smoker
              Maverick ET732
              Nesco Dehydrator
              Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                I'll go with the "Gold" Band Mrs Bear wears on her left ring finger since December, 1968.

Just Sayin',

Bear
                I knew there was a reason why I wanted you to adopt me other than your most excellent prime rib.

Comment

All of the above plus a thousand more, and I would like to give Little Feat a shout out too! If you like many different genres, the possibilities are endless. At age 56, I feel I have the right to eliminate pop, hip-hop, and rap. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by XLR8R View Post
                    Bob Marley and the Wailers.

i had a struggle with that one.....still went with black uhuru but marley and friends sure were the "cornerstone" that the builder couldn't refuse......
                    sigpic
                    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by siege View Post
                      in 1938 Benny Goodman and his band performed the first live jazz concert that was ever played in Carnegie Hall. That performance ensured the future of the genre. If you can find it, watch the youtube of of the " Sing, Sing, Sing" selection on line. Along with many great featured performers in that clip, there is and amazing drum solo by Gene Kroupa. even if you don't like jazz, this was the performance of a lifetime, and worth hearing.
                      I love all the big band era... really great stuff!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        Excellent choice Phillip...
                        I have the DVD set that has that concert and another one from 1982...
                        It's so sad he died at such a young age... what a friggin talent he was. I regret that I never got to see him play in person. And Hendrix. Wow!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I can more easily list the worst band ever: led zeppelin :-)
                          Dislike pretty much everything about them.

But best ?
                          There isn't one. 20 years ago I'd have said Manowar, no question. But then they started shafting the fans, and just doing a bunch of stuff based on joey demaio's ever increasing ego.
                          Still love the music - not the latest stuff, obviously - when your singers voice goes, retire gracefully !, - but a great band needs to be about more than just the music.

I love a bunch of artists across a bunch of genres.

I can give you best live band I've ever seen - Saxon !
                          Biff is probably one of the best frontmen there's ever been.

I guess Queen would come close to the best band ever, no aspect of their music I don't like and a standup bunch of guys. Should they have done anything with adam lambert ? Absolutely not !
                          But freddy's dead so, you know, you can let crap like that slide :-)

Got a lot of respect for old garth brooks & lynnyd skynnrd.

But like I said - sooo much easier to pick a really really lousy band (led zeppelin) than just one superb one :-)
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

KC and the Sunshine Band..

Comment

1) Grateful Dead /Jerry Garcia Band - Jerome Garcia in these incarnations blew my mind - nothing has ever come close.

close -

Pink Floyd
                              Beatles

back in the pack -

Led Zep

im not a fan of short songs(less than 4:20) around that point songs should start to get interesting, not be winding down imho.
                              Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Ooh, it makes me wonder... Ooh, it really makes me wonder...

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                                I can more easily list the worst band ever: led zeppelin :-)
                                Dislike pretty much everything about them...

...But like I said - sooo much easier to pick a really really lousy band (led zeppelin) than just one superb one :-)

It's quite obvious, Alex, you've...

Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 12-14-2015, 07:07 PM.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X