No announcement yet.

Chuckie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat is in the smoke. You can sort of see the pan with beef broth underneath. Unlike the meat which was fully thawed, the beef broth was still a cube. A little time at 250* will cure that.

Originally posted by ALX View Post

Guess Jimbo(FIU) flew the coop too......
    Is it too late? Have I had a few too many? I'm not quite following this one.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth View Post
      Meat is in the smoke. You can sort of see the pan with beef broth underneath. Unlike the meat which was fully thawed, the beef broth was still a cube. A little time at 250* will cure that.

Is it too late? Have I had a few too many? I'm not quite following this one.
      FIU=Fire It Up...

Looking good by the way....Awesome thread man.......
      Last edited by ALX; 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

FIU = Fire it up. I definitely spaced on that one.

FIU's Barbacoa smelled awesome after the thaw. It's also taking on a dark pre-bark after only an hour. Time to say goodnight to the meat. Will check on it again after dawn.

Comment

Man that looks good - I could eat me a big plate of that right now
          Scarbelly

Comment

The "plain" is further along at 160* this morning.

Comment

Keep in the throttle.........

Comment

I'm 15 hours in. And the hotter of the chuckies is only up to 175* . I am planning on 195* and some rest before pulling. I thought they'd be out by now. They had to move to make way for the ABTs. Dinner is planned for 6pm.

Comment

Stick with the plan?..... Or pull one & slice & leave the other for pulling!
                  sigpic

Comment

Stayed the course:

One plate of pulled beef:

The other:

Plated up with baked beans doctored up by the Mrs.

Tasted great. It could have been more moist. The pan with meat drippings and beef broth was too nasty to make a finishing sauce with. A sandwich with some slaw and bbq sauce was great, but I'm wondering how to make it more moist next time. Probably need a fattier piece of beef?

Comment

Working...
                    X