Anyone ever see these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever see these?

Stopped at Costco today and saw these. Boneless Chuck short ribs. Picked up a smaller pack and will experiment. A bit pricey, but we'll give 'em a shot.
    Attached Files
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Nope. Never seen them, butt what thyme is dinner? I am not far away...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Years ago I could get boneless chuck "ribs"...Cooked up awesome...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

boneless rib? Did this come from the same Canadian farm as the chicken cut from beef like in an earlier post?

I am sure it will be fine. If you consider the relation of a steer shoulder to rib cage it might come from the posterior of the chuck. OR....the butcher screwed up and cut the carcass wrong. Regardless, why call it a boneless rib? Presumptively, if they carved the meat from the ribs, they can charge more and call it boneless. It should lend itself well to a braising method like most roasts or clods.

Seems like it has plenty of marbling. Could make for some darn good gravy!!
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I'm betting these will be Great, so I'm putting my mark on, so it doesn't get away from me.

Be Back!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

They look like they might be tasty, who knows? Kind of cool picking up a new cut and seeing what happens. Could be a disaster, but I doubt it, Costco doesn't mess around. Me on the other hand..
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

As a matter of fact I THINK SO When I was at the store picking up the BB's right across the aisle they had beef short ribs, and "Boneless Beef Country Ribs" They sure looked similar to your picture.

Comment

Hmmmmmm...maybe have seen them? Don't think I have ever cooked them, or eaten them

Keep us posted Jimmy!
                sigpic

Comment

Must be a right coast thing. Left coast thing would have left the bone in and tried to say they were organic and vegan. Here, we just butcher them, cook them, and invite everybody to the table. After a long cook, it will be super tender and juicy. Bet it makes a great stew or better, pulled for tacos!
                  sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                    Must be a right coast thing. Left coast thing would have left the bone in and tried to say they were organic and vegan. Here, we just butcher them, cook them, and invite everybody to the table. After a long cook, it will be super tender and juicy. Bet it makes a great stew or better, pulled for tacos!
                    Zackery what I was thinkin'! Keep us posted Jim!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Gonna be a couple of days till I get to them. Probably toss them on the Egg for a nice low & slow cook. JAB or Dust, maybe one of each.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                        Gonna be a couple of days till I get to them. Probably toss them on the Egg for a nice low & slow cook. JAB or Dust, maybe one of each.

Yup. Nice slow braise. Cooked up to the right temp and I bet they are fall apart tender. I wonder if they are dense enough that you could pull them at medium rare and slice them for sandwiches? Too much connective tissue between muscle mass? I'm curious.
                        sigpic

Comment

They take a long cook if I remember right...Low and slow (or braise would work)...

We sliced them real thin and served them on top of a fully loaded salad...YES!!!
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X