Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JABBED and T-Dusted boneless chuck short ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JABBED and T-Dusted boneless chuck short ribs.

First time for these, never seen 'em before. 2 to a pack, so used JAB on one of them and some hard-to-come-by Tatonka Dust I've been hoarding on the other one. Tossed these on the Egg using white oak chunks, at around 250 degrees for about 6 hours. Pulled them at 190. Very juicy and similar to brisket to my surprise. These guys will make for some tasty sandwiches in the near future.
    Thanks for lookin' and have a great weekend everyone!
    Attached Files
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

looks awesome from here
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Great looking boneless chuck short ribs Jim, bet those we're tasty I'll have to keep an eye out for some. Where did you get them ??
      Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
      Weber 22.5" WSM
      Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
      Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
      Weber Smokey Joe
      GMG Daniel Boone
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
      6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
      Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
      The Vortex

Comment

Great job Jim...Sorta like brisket is just how I remember them...

Nice marbling in that beef and you did it up right
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Beautiful !!---

Looks Mighty Tasty Too!!

Awesome Sammies happening in Cherry Hill !!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

nice work. I too will miss my TD ribeyes. Fortunately, we got some good products down here in Oklahoma. Now if I could just get my hands on some short ribs.....
            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Thanks guys. Saw them at Costco Doug, one of my favorite stores ever. I'll be doing these again for sure.
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Those look amazing! Don't think I've ever seen them here

sigpic

Comment

I know I'm late to the party, butt dammit Jim... that looks awesome!! And next thyme, do not be afraid of mixing the JAB and the TD together. Shit is that GOOOOOOD! Trust me on this one. I know, TD is a scarce product these daze. I hope Marty and Tanya can figger it oot soon! I did that mix on some beef awhile back. God it was good.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                  X