No announcement yet.

Tell me your ultimate burger patty recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel...you prolly won’t see her here any more..sigh... is a high end cater lady. She grinds short rib/beef plate...

Welcome to Smoked Meat!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Man that sounds good, I agree totally it is no use putting together an awesome patty and then serving it on a crappy bun

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Short rib now that sounds sweet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell me your ultimate burger patty recipe

Here was one my kid and I had recently. Was fantastic! Bennett's in Ocean Shores, WA! 1/3 lb patty, and all the good stuff. He finished his, I didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

Brisket, short rib and chuck. That's the combo spices are whatever you like, I try to keep it simple myself. Personally I like to make them very thin and stack them.

Comment

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
              Brisket, short rib and chuck. That's the combo spices are whatever you like, I try to keep it simple myself. Personally I like to make them very thin and stack them.
              Yeah, I have heard that combo is delicious!

Do you grill or fry them?
              sigpic

Comment

to the show...
                I made up a couple burgers last night. I usually take aboot a half pound of 80/20 & hit it with garlic powder, S&P, a dash or two of soy sauce & the same of worshy & then add some Tony Chachere's. Mix it all together & I'll then form up four kinda thin patties, throw some jalapeño slices on two & sandwich the other two on top to form two nice thick burgers. Throw 'em on the grill & top them with a slab-o-cheese & there you go...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

80/20 ground chuck mixed with ground pork butt. 3 to 1 ratio. Use whatever spices and cheese you like. Also, a good toasted bun.
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Yeah, I have heard that combo is delicious!

Do you grill or fry them?
                    On the grill! Smoked are awesome also.

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
                      80/20 ground chuck mixed with ground pork butt. 3 to 1 ratio. Use whatever spices and cheese you like. Also, a good toasted bun.
                      Yum, I like chorizo seasoning if I mix in pork.

Comment

We eat our favorite all the time:

25% 80/20 Beef
                        25% Pork from Pork Butt
                        50% Venison

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Aight, I was short on time to get to the VA for the daily visit earlier. Just wanted ya ta have some kind of answer.
                          When I do - 1/4 brisket. 1/4 short rib, 1/4 chuckie, 1/4 pook butt. If'n the fat looks thin I add brisket fat trimins. That just the basics, the rest is unlimited! Really like the stuffed bugers, sometimes double stuffed!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I always laugh at adding short ribs to the burger. Don't those expensive bone chips hurt your teeth? Is the gristle used for floss?

Comment

Home ground fatty chuck - one grind - all gristle removed.

Comment

Originally posted by 206 View Post
                                I always laugh at adding short ribs to the burger. Don't those expensive bone chips hurt your teeth? Is the gristle used for floss?
                                You are deprived if not familiar with short rib meat. .. ... ...... .. ....
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X