Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > The Barstool

The Barstool If You Drink It Or Brew It, This Is The Place To Post It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 8lb. Round Roast To Jerky
Last Post: devo
Posted On: 12-11-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 32
0 My almost clean room processing area. Picture HEAVY
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 5
Views: 83
0 Prime Brisket
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 14
Views: 116
6 Cinnamon Roll Shooters...
Last Post: Slanted88
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 98
0 Welcome Smitty15/6
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 18
Views: 242
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,457 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,966 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,505 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 07-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Pit Master

tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All
tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All
Default May have been done already but...

I find this stuff to be simply awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg envy.jpg (29.2 KB, 96 views)
22.5" Weber Silver
UDS X 2
Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
Char Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
Charbroil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
5" AMZNPS
Vortex x 2
Walmart gasser for Mrs Bee.
Maverick ET 73
Maverick ET 732
Maverixk Pro Temp instant read thermometer
Pitmaster iQue 110

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-11-2017, 06:11 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

I don't do brown liquor, butt I'd hit that!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Looks tasty - Never heard of it but now I'm googling

Old 07-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

check me local store...a change up is cool!

Old 07-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Wursthersteller

Snarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To All
Snarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To All

New one on me, but I love Bourbon, and I love Port, so I guess I better go find some.
Bad Girls

If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do suck seed. -- Curly Howard

Do not cry havoc when you should but hunt with modest warrant. -- William Shakespear

NRA Endowment Member
Certified Glock Armorer
Old 07-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Hero, Legend & Good Guy

The Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Everyone seems to have been on a boutique bender with their distilled product for some time now.

Bourbon and other brown liquors are being finished in port barrels, sherry butts, red wine hogsheads of all types and varietals, Scotch and Irish whiskys are being aged in many of the same ways. You see port finished in whisky casks, sherry finished in madeira barrels, wine getting finishing time in all sorts of reused oak.

If you are a golfer like me as goes your potent potables, you could enjoy a daily afternoon/evening attitude adjustment 7/52/365 and never sample the same liquid twice for decades if you so had the means of procurement, and I'm not even touching on fermented product. Such are these days of plenty.

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Old 07-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Envy is a good one. so is Buffalo Trace.

And of course, Pappy Van Winkle, if you want to mortgage your house...

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

I totally agree, really good stuff. But its out of the realm of a daily sipper ($$$). Bullet is my choice for a reasonably priced, very good bourbon, on the rocks if you please!

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Meat Mopper

Fishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Fishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
Envy is a good one. so is Buffalo Trace.

And of course, Pappy Van Winkle, if you want to mortgage your house...

Hell yeah that Trace doesn't last that long when I get one, might last the weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious bee View Post
I find this stuff to be simply awesome.

I cannot find the thread I posted this in, but YES, this is Guud,,,,

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 07-12-2017, 10:14 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

I wrote about this in my year in bourbon thread but Since Photobucked Effed up all of my posts, it doesn't have quite the same readability...but it is good to read some of the review quotes on the angel's envy in the link above.

One thing I discovered later in that thread, is that there is a locally made bourbon that is really similar and at half the cost. It is Reiger's whiskey and is a bourbon that is mixed with a small amount of 15 year oleroso sherry. I like that a lot too.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
I wrote about this in my year in bourbon thread but Since Photobucked Effed up all of my posts, it doesn't have quite the same readability...but it is good to read some of the review quotes on the angel's envy in the link above.

One thing I discovered later in that thread, is that there is a locally made bourbon that is really similar and at half the cost. It is Reiger's whiskey and is a bourbon that is mixed with a small amount of 15 year oleroso sherry. I like that a lot too.

Me likey the sound of that, be lookin!!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 07-13-2017, 05:50 AM
veni, vidi, varius

Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All
Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All

Hmmmmm...I'll have to give that a try. Been doing mostly Basil Haydens, Bullet or Buffalo Trace recently.

Thanks for the heads up!

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685
Old 07-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Rub Mixer

Fender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Well I hit up all the local liquor stores looking for the Angel's Envy. Only one carries it and they were out. Told me that they never know when they will get any in or how much; distributors telling them it's in short supply at the moment.

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
American Legion Riders
Patriot Guard Riders
Old 07-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarlingiron View Post
New one on me, but I love Bourbon, and I love Port, so I guess I better go find some.
Yep!

Old 08-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Rub Mixer

Fender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFender60 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default Well, well, well

Now that I have been to Helen, Georgia I can say I liked Georgia better. Seriously though, of all places I found Angel's Envy in a pacakge store in Helen, Ga. in fact they had six bottles when no one else seems to have any, so I bought two bottles. A bit pricey but I figured if I like it, I have a spare. If I don't well I can trade it to someone here for something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0955.jpg (76.9 KB, 12 views)

American Legion Riders
Patriot Guard Riders

Last edited by Fender60; 08-05-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:34 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Interesting. Being a fan of both...Hmm maybe Iíll have a gander aboot. :{)
Old 08-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Pit Master

tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All
tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All

I put a nice dent in a bottle last night. We have state run wine and spirits here in taxalvania. One benefit of that is all of the stores big or small are well stocked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
22.5" Weber Silver
UDS X 2
Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
Char Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
Charbroil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
5" AMZNPS
Vortex x 2
Walmart gasser for Mrs Bee.
Maverick ET 73
Maverick ET 732
Maverixk Pro Temp instant read thermometer
Pitmaster iQue 110
Old 08-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Rub Mixer

Well we are back from our motorcycle trip to GA. Last night I cracked open a bottle of the Angel's Envy, added a couple pieces of ice and proceeded to sample the elusive whisky.

Before I tell you what I think of Angel's Envy I will say two things. One, I am a Scotch drinker by choice and stick with single malts exclusively. Two, by being a Scotch drinker I am somewhat used to paying more for whisky than say your average bourbon drinker. So paying $52 per bottle before taxes wasn't a deal breaker but the wife drinks Maker's Mark and that is less expensive than the Angel's Envy.

Funny story real quick, when I found the Envy and I saw the price, I immediately told the wife I am about to spend over $100 for some bourbon and she said, OK. Damn I love that gal.

I do not have a trained nose, nor do I know the correct usages of the terms the whisky snobs use. So to get down to brass tacks, this is a fine whisky. It is not overpowering to the nose or the old tongue. It is quite smooth but the finish is short lived although pleasant. The single malts I drink mostly have a longer finish but I was not disappointed in this revelation. Since this bourbon is finished off in Port barrels, the bourbon taste is mostly up front. It would be my guess that the Port barrels have a lot to do with the mildness of the flavor that comes through after the initial taste instead of what i would consider stronger straight bourbon flavor of other Straight Kentucky Bourbons.

Bottom line is I like it and I will be keeping the other bottle. However, I will not be going out of my just to find it. If you like whisky and you are not a bourbon snob, chances are you should enjoy this whisky. Although it is considered a bourbon because it meets the definition, there is no aging statement on the bottle. The only time that really matters to me is when selecting Scotch anyway.

American Legion Riders
Patriot Guard Riders

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > The Barstool