Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Everything Gardening

Everything Gardening Growing Your Own Veggies Just Got Easier. Feel Free To Post Your Tips And Ideas.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 PSA: Psst! Get that big bird defrosted
Last Post: AJ
Posted On: 11-18-2017
Replies: 5
Views: 50
0 Still Blonde...
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 6
Views: 140
0 RIP Malcolm Young
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 5
Views: 48
0 Sweet Heat Wings and twice Vortexed potatoes
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 6
Views: 61
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 8
Views: 123
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,417 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,859 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,594 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 PM
<-----BITE ME!

DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All
DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All
Default Poblano's.... when to harvest...Hot Cherry peppers too

So as crappy as the season was for growing this year I have a really nice crop of both poblano's and hot cherry peppers.
I'm try to let them both ripen to a nice red color on the vine, but it there a big difference if I start harvesting green one's?
The poblanos I like to smoke and dry for use in chili and other thing through the winter. My first time growing cherries so I was going start pickling some, but every farm stand I see has them out green and not red, are they better green?

Thanks

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

The cherry peppers I would definitely want as ripe as possible...But the green ones will still have some value (heat)...Just a different flavor...

The Poblano peppers are great either way...Red ripe and dried they are called Ancho peppers...The unripe green peppers are used for chile rellenos...Either way they taste great...
Old 09-11-2017, 04:00 AM
<-----BITE ME!

DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All
DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks Craig!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 AM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To All

what craig said.........

it's all good my friend..........
Old 10-16-2017, 01:50 PM
<-----BITE ME!

Well they're calling for a frost tonight so I thought I'd pick most of my most of my poblano and cherry peppers, ended up with over ten pounds. still a lot out there. if the frost ain't to hard I should be able to pick another 5 pounds before the real cold sheet gets here.

This isn't all of them, only the ones that that I could stack in the bowl.

I see a lot of smoking and dehydrating in my future..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0775.jpg (39.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 10-16-2017, 01:51 PM
<-----BITE ME!

it was a bitch stacking them horizontally.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

dry those cherry peppers up and grind to a powder... very good stuff!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Dayum... 10 pounds of backyard deliciousness... Hope it plays out better than mine.. Smoke Peppers ✓..... Dehydrate Peppers ✓... Grind Peppers in the house ✓.. Bad idea.. I was Kacking and coughing for hours...

Looking forward to seeing some greatness..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 10-16-2017, 08:19 PM
I got nothin

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Poblanos is one pepper that has kicked my butt year after year...I can harvest pounds of them off of just two plants but still not get one single pepper that is the size that you have there...I finally gave up...If I need poblano peppers...I know where to buy em

for poblanos
Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All

nice looking peppers............stuff the poblanos and pickle the cherry's...............

Old 10-18-2017, 04:40 AM
<-----BITE ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
stuff the poblanos and pickle the cherry's...............
Already got some pickled cherries, plan to dehydrating and grinding some and freezing some whole. Never tried that before.
Most of the poblanos will be smoked and dehydrated, and will be roasting and freezing the rest.
The good news is they survived the frost yesterday so the growing season has been extended 10 more days anyways.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:03 AM
miss ya gary....

nice.......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Everything Gardening