Posted On: 09-23-2017
Replies: 7
Views: 63
0 Yet Another Pulled Pork Thread...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 43
Views: 722
0 Country Style Ribs (SV & Grill) Best Ever!
Last Post: Otis857
Replies: 6
Views: 68
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,344 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,590 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 638,556 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Default North Shore Garlic Shrimp...

I got this recipe from a buddy in FL who had it in Hawaii recently. If you like garlic and shrimp, this is very good.

It's really pretty simple. Here is the rundown of the ingredients. The batter also has paprika, KS, and BP in it. It's all very basic.

I used 2 lbs of shell on, large raw shrimp. I threw them in a bag and coated with the batter. The recipe calls for shell on and people I have talked to say it's much better this way than off. More on that later.

While that's sitting, melt the butter, a little oil and then add the garlic. I used a whole bulb minced. At he end, add some dry white wine. Set that aside when done.

In the same large pan, add the shrimp and flip them to get even cooking. It's easy to over cook shrimp so it goes quickly. I did 2 batches so that I got even cooking.

When all the shrimp are done, I turned the burner to low and added the sauce back in. Mix and you're almost there.

We added some rice on the side. For me, a pad of butter and some Sriracha. The family just took how many pieces they wanted and we went from there. With these, it's a finger food so kind of like a crawfish boil. Take the shrimp with shell on and put it in your mouth to get the first flavor off. Then, peel, and you can dredge through the bowl for any additional flavor you might want. It's not a clean meal but it's a good one.

It's like shrimp scampi but it's different. Give it a shot and thanks for looking.
Masterbuilt 7 in 1

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-11-2017, 11:21 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelman View Post
Sure looks gooood! Interesting concept cooking with the shells on...hmmm...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Up in Smoke

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

I love it...
I can see how the shell on process would give a better shrimp flavor...

Not sure (maybe) if I can get Lena to buy into the shell on gig...

Old 09-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Nice! You have a more specific recipe or you just throw it all in the bowl and call it good?

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Yes indeed! Looks awesome Pete! Cook em with shells on IMO
Old 09-11-2017, 11:38 PM
~~~YOU WANT MAD HUNKY~~~

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

Okay, you got yer shrimp, you got yer garlic... What more do you need?
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 09-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Looks Great from my house!!---

A little odd with the shells on, but I can eat Odd when need be.

Bear
Old 09-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Beautiful meal! I am not sure about the shells on but if someone sat a plate of that down in front of me, I would definitely pig out!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 09-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
Nice! You have a more specific recipe or you just throw it all in the bowl and call it good?
Thanks everyone for the compliment and points, I appreciate it!

per request, my buddy got it off a google search:

Ingredients

2 pounds of jumbo shrimp with shell on. (i used the head on shrimp to match what I had in hawaii
2 and 1/2 tablespoons flour (I used all purpose flour)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Hawaii Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
18 large garlic cloves minced (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided) use GHEE instead!!!!!!
1 stick unsalted butter
About 1/3 cup dry white wine (i used a pino grigio)
Fresh chopped parsley

Instructions

Place the flour, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl or plastic food storage bag, and mix these ingredients together until blended.

Add the shrimp to this flour mixture and coat the shrimp with the flour mixture (all of the flour mixture should adhere to the shrimp).

Set the shrimp aside, and let them sit while you cook the garlic (this time allows for the flour mixture to adhere to the shell of the shrimp).

In a large pan heat the butter and one tablespoon of olive oil on medium high heat until the butter has melted.

Add the chopped garlic to the melted butter & oil, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until you see the garlic has turned light brown.

Once the garlic has turned light brown, add the wine, and cook for about one minute.

Remove the garlic sauce from the pan and set aside. (I do this to help prevent burning the garlic while I cook the shrimp.)

Add the second tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and let it get hot. Then, add your shrimp to the pan.

Cook the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side (your cooked shrimp should be pink in color). (I like to cook my shrimp in batches, so that the pan is not overcrowded
and to help with even cooking of the shrimp. I usually have to cook only about two batches in my large skillet.)

Once you have cooked the last batch of shrimp, add the garlic sauce, and other cooked shrimp back into the pan, and stir. Then, remove the pan from the heat source. Garnish with optional parsley.

Serve Hawaiian Style with sticky white rice and macaroni salad!
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

Oh hell yeah!

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 09-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Rub Mixer

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Boy - that looks good Thanks for the recipe Abel

~ Frank Sinatra.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Rub Mixer

TKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke GuruTKOBBQ Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

I Love Srimp and I Love garlic, this looks like a match made in heaven, it looks delicious.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

It sounds delicious. I've thought about trying it ever since I saw it featured on an episode on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives. I've seen the show a couple times(repeats). Sometimes they also have the recipes associated with the shows. I might try to look it up through the show on line.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > From The Kitchen