Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk

Sports Talk The Only Other Thing That Goes Good With Que & Brew, Is Sports. For You Sportz Junkies

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 2017 T-Bird Project!
Last Post: sweet_magnolia
Posted On: 11-22-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 130
0 Mad Hunky Hot Whang Jerky
Last Post: DDave
Replies: 6
Views: 95
0 Another Eye Round (Sous Vide Test #3)
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 9
Views: 94
0 Easy Dutch Oven Chicken and Stuffing Bake
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 13
Views: 129
0 Bearcarvers comments
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 1
Views: 85
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,420 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,880 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,914 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
View Poll Results: Sportsmanlike or no?
Yes, this gripes my cookies & is very unsportsmanlike. 5 21.74%
No, what's the big deal? 7 30.43%
I care not... 7 30.43%
Why are there no pics of BBQ in this thread? 😎 5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Hunky Thanksgiving... 🦃

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool Unsportsmanlike?

I know some here could care less aboot MLB bhut I for one thoroughly enjoy it... Pretty much the same way I could care less aboot some other sport like... Oh, I don't know... Hawkey???

Okay, I'm kickin' back with a nice IPA this evening watching the D'Backs vs the Rox & DJ LeMahieu from the Rockies smacks a homer to center... Not long after the fan that caught the ball throws it back on the field. I may be mistaken bhut I believe this all started at Wrigley Field.

My question is... Is it okay to throw back the ball with the mindset that "you guys ain't chit" or its it disrespectful, unsportsmanlike? In my day a home run ball was a treasure, no matter which team hit it.

What think ye?
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 09-14-2017 at 02:28 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-14-2017, 01:37 AM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Happened in M's game tonight also.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:14 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Not sure what the thinking behind that is, butt I'm with you ICE... they were treasures. Disrespectful, unsportsmanlike? Perhaps. I vote for ignorant stupidity.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Seems some think it's more "Cool" to be an A-Hole in public than to have a memento of the occasion.

Bear
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

I really dont care what the other fans do,... but I'd keep the baseball

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Not sure what the thinking behind that is, butt I'm with you ICE... they were treasures. Disrespectful, unsportsmanlike? Perhaps. I vote for ignorant stupidity.

This X2 ^^^^
Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Well..if the opposing team hit it... well, I do see it as a “raspberry”. I’d be inclined to toss it back.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Pit Master

shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All

Give it to a little kid in the area...
Earnhardt Jr smoker
Brinkman smoke n' grill
a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Old 09-14-2017, 03:24 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbellc View Post
There ya go... perfect. :{)
Old 09-14-2017, 03:34 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Yup. I like that!

Not sure of the logic behind tossing it back, butt yes, some little kid would have loved to get that souvenir. Actually, so would I...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

coming out of fenway park back when i was a kid...them mustard packs just came out... stomping them...yellow chit squirting...get to the car...me grand pa was all yellowed up...gramps...what is that? don't know ya little stomping shit!

Old 09-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Hunky Thanksgiving... 🦃

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
coming out of fenway park back when i was a kid...them mustard packs just came out... stomping them...yellow chit squirting...get to the car...me grand pa was all yellowed up...gramps...what is that? don't know ya little stomping shit!
The King of Non-sequiturs strikes again...
Weber Smokey Joe

🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 09-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Learning from the Best

DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All
DDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To AllDDave Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Well..if the opposing team hit it... well, I do see it as a “raspberry”. I’d be inclined to toss it back.
I have seen and heard of that as well.
Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen
Auber Smoker Controller
Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88

-

"All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010
Old 09-14-2017, 06:45 PM
<-----BITE ME!

DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All
DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Yeap that's the old school way
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Hey... Don't be picking on hockey.. At least it's not slow and can be very boring...

Anyhoo.. Me not a baseball fan but know what is cool and not cool.. Like Rich said if it is the opposing team I have seen them tossed back on the field, then I have seen them given to the kids (very cool) and then you have the Dolts that are so pissed that their team is not in the payoff run or just a dick toss them on the field to try and prove a point.. Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 09-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Hunky Thanksgiving... 🦃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Hey... Don't be picking on hockey.. At least it's not slow and can be very boring...

Anyhoo.. Me not a baseball fan but know what is cool and not cool.. Like Rich said if it is the opposing team I have seen them tossed back on the field, then I have seen them given to the kids (very cool) and then you have the Dolts that are so pissed that their team is not in the payoff run or just a dick toss them on the field to try and prove a point.. Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...
My point exactly, thanks TH...

Throwing the ball back is a punk move, IMNSHO.
Weber Smokey Joe

🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

NRA Patron Life Member

-Martin Luther-

Old 09-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
My point exactly, thanks TH...

Throwing the ball back is a punk move, IMNSHO.
I would rather pay 20 bonz to go see a little league game to watch kids play due to the love of the game than the pros.. But then I have to deal with parents getting all pissed off due to their kids not getting enough field time.. Ugh... It will never end..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 09-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Winner, Winner, chicken dinner.

Can't beat that answer.
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 09-14-2017, 07:26 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
The King of Non-sequiturs strikes again...
There IS an art therein you know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk