Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Hunky Baby Back Ribs and One Pot Dutch Oven Breakfast and lots of Spring Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Hunky Baby Back Ribs and One Pot Dutch Oven Breakfast and lots of Spring Pictures

Finally....had a nice Saturday afternoon and could do some outdoor cooking. Was suppose to have some friends come but they chickened out because of the weather we were supposed to get. Started dinner off with Mad Hunky ribs smoked with hickory on the kettle. Prep was easy...my butcher had already removed the membrane.

While they were smoking I had a lot of flowers I put out.

And checked out the ones that are blooming already.

Found a deer trail through the Ground Cedar...can you see it?

I also put some potatoes on to bake. Some for dinner and the rest are going in the one pot breakfast. Getting ready to foil the ribs.

I cheated and bought some pre-stuffed mushrooms at my Krogers. They were stuffed with bread stuffing topped with mozzarella and were actually pretty good.

Final pic of the ribs. Love the MHGP on them and I never sauce.

The next morning I got out my 10" black pot and heated it up on a full bed of coals. I cooked some breakfast sausage and removed from the pot. Then cut up the 2 potatoes I had baked the night before and gave them a little fry. Added the sausage back to the pot. Beat 5 eggs, throw some salt and pepper in them and poured over the sausage and potato mixture. Then added a few small strips of bacon and baked for about 20 - 25 minutes with 6 coals on the bottom. I started out with about 20 coals on top but after the eggs set up, I took all heat off the bottom and added to the top trying to get the bacon to crisp up some. Next time I will also pre-cook the bacon some. But it turned out great. We added cheese at the end...didn't get a pic of that. It was 70 degrees on Saturday and Sunday we were back down in the 30s so this was a good cold weather breakfast...stayed hot for a good while!

And adding the eggs

Done

Bacon was good but like I said next time I will pre-cook it for a few before adding to the pot.

I also think some onions, peppers, and mushrooms would be great in this. And a little salsa, too. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Nothing but goodness right there, glad you got to enjoy the nice weather if even just a couple of days.
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

I don't say this often, but hell with the ribs.......let me at that black pot.
      FBJ

WSM
      Med. Spicewine
      Stumps GF223
      KCBS/NEBS Member
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Oh yeah that looks great Becky!! Ribs and taters off the hook!!

Love the flowers as well... we are about two/three week behind ya... my crocus are poking the leaves out right now.. love that purple and yellow combo!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Everything looks Superb!!!------------

You could cook for me anytime, Becky, in the pot or not!!!

Freakin' Perfect!!!----Nice KY pics too!!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I swear to God I'm going to kidnap you.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Yer amazing, Beck. You make everything look sooo easy... I gotta get one of these Dutch oven thingies I guess... look like alot of fun, and very versatile too.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Dang that looks good and yer spring pics are a hell of a lot nicer than minewish I were there with ya
                2-22.5'' weber
                1-18'' weber
                1 smokey joe
                22.5'' wsm
                24'' smoke vault
                1-outhouse
                Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Just beautiful Becky! The food and the flowers. I just love your dutch oven cooks. They are so inspiring! How awesome are the flowers, I love wild daffodils. Did you plant the Iris and Crocus?

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                    . Did you plant the Iris and Crocus?
                    Hey trivia for you Becky... you heard of saffron? It's the pistil of the crocus flower... FYI.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks, Everyone!

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                      I swear to God I'm going to kidnap you.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      sooo easy... I gotta get one of these Dutch oven thingies I guess....
                      YES, you DO!!!

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
                      wish I were there with ya
                      Hard to believe it was a year ago this month that you were here!

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                      JDid you plant the Iris and Crocus?
                      Yes, I planted those in a couple tire planters. Around the farm there are about 5 large patches of daffodils though.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Hey trivia for you Becky... you heard of saffron? It's the pistil of the crocus flower... FYI.
                      Yep, but these aren't the Saffron crocus...they bloom in the fall. I have some in my garden in town that have been out a couple of years...finally got ONE bloom last fall but not enough Saffron to matter.

Becky

Weber Smokey Joe
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

A couple of outstanding looking cooks!! I have a CI dutch oven and never use it. I see it every couple of years, reseason it thinking I'm gonna make something with it and never do.
                        Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin99 View Post
                          I have a CI dutch oven and never use it. I see it every couple of years, reseason it thinking I'm gonna make something with it and never do.
                          Break it out and show it some love!
                          Becky

Weber Smokey Joe
                          Pink Thermapen
                          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Re:

Fabulous there Becky !!

As always...mouth waterin cookin and lovely photos from that beautiful state of Kentucky. Martha Stewart & Paula Dean should both be so lucky as to be there cooking with you in your surroundings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Wow, I'm drooling. The ribs look perfect. Love the MHGP on them too. Don't like sauce either.

Love those "Hash" type breakfasts. Could eat half that pot. Great hangover cures. Just sayin'......
                              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X