Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican Jerk Pork Ribs w/ Sticky Rum Sauce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican Jerk Pork Ribs w/ Sticky Rum Sauce...

I decided that there were some pork ribs in the freezer that had been there long enough. I thawed those suckers oot & hit them with a Jamaican jerk rub recipe I had come across...

Onto the Horizon w/ some hickory & sprayed them down with Dr.Pepper aboot every 40 min...

After the foiling they went back on the smoke this time with some applewood. Also threw on a couple ears of corn...

Drizzled on some of the sticky rum sauce I made up while on the final stage. Here they are ready to cut up...

And on the plate...

Here are the recipes. Aboot the only change I made was using dried minced onion rather than onion powder, which I was oot of. And, of course, I left oot the liquid smoke...

Thanks for checking it oot.
    Attached Files

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

Drizzled on some of the sticky rum sauce I made up while on the final stage. Here they are ready to cut up...

Here are the recipes. Aboot the only change I made was using dried minced onion rather than onion powder, which I was oot of. And, of course, I left oot the liquid smoke...

Thanks for checking it oot.
    Brother Ice does that look friggin awesome or what. Is on the MUST DO list... def worth , Thanks for sharing the jerk recipe, i cant wait to try this oot!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Need a neighbor?
      sigpic

Comment

Wow those ribs looks wonderful!! Great color and I bet that was fun to make as well!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Great lookiin ribs, Ice. I love Jamaican jerk flavoring if its not too hot Im a wuss for really hot food & the Islanders like it tongue burning spicey.
          Mike
          Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
          POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
          Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

how strong did you find the allspice flavour ?
            I always have to cut that right back in jerk recipes.

Ribs and sauce look great

also give the liquid/powdered smoke a try.
            It is actually a natural product derived from actual smoke. And I find a little smoke powder (is cheaper and more useful than the liquid in my book) really does add more depth to most bbq sauces.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
              Brother Ice does that look friggin awesome or what. Is on the MUST DO list... def worth , Thanks for sharing the jerk recipe, i cant wait to try this oot!
              Thanks E. The jerk rub is a completely different flavor from the traditional rubs... in a good way.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Need a neighbor?
              Got one?

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
              Wow those ribs looks wonderful!! Great color and I bet that was fun to make as well!!
              The fun part was adding the rum... you just have to remember to save some for the sauce.

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post
              Great lookiin ribs, Ice. I love Jamaican jerk flavoring if its not too hot Im a wuss for really hot food & the Islanders like it tongue burning spicey.
              The cayenne added the heat & you could taste it. If you don't like the heat you might want to throttle back.

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              how strong did you find the allspice flavour ?
              I always have to cut that right back in jerk recipes.

Ribs and sauce look great

also give the liquid/powdered smoke a try.
              It is actually a natural product derived from actual smoke. And I find a little smoke powder (is cheaper and more useful than the liquid in my book) really does add more depth to most bbq sauces.
              I didn't really taste the allspice. It may be because the stuff I had was in the cupboard forever & may have lost some punch over time.

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
              That looks freakin' Awesome!!!!----------

Bear
              Thanks Big Bear!!!

Thanks one & all for the comments & points. This one is worth doing again.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
              Paul

Comment

Those look friggin amazing! Definitely going on my to do list (damn that list is getting long)
                Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                Frogmats
                Maverick ET 732
                Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

That's badazz

P.S. for some reason, none of your pics seem to copy to a Word document. Damn, wanted to save this recipe.
                  Last edited by Abelman; 08-12-2013, 06:08 PM.
                  Pete
                  Large BGE
                  Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Fantastic idea, every once in awhile a man needs to kick it up, and you certainly did there. Nice job!
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

On fer that gig! Apple pie & viniller ice cream...Cat Daddy will sleep good!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Damn sure wish I had a half rack of those to chew on tonight!
                        sigpic

Comment

Those are some fine looking ribs! I think I can round up some for a great smoke.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Fantastic looking ribs!!! I bet they had tons of flavor to them!!
                            Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Working...
                            X