Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Poor Man's amazin smoker
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 13
Views: 173
0 Who want an Inkbird under their tree this year?
Last Post: vanhsia
Replies: 0
Views: 18
0 Searing meat
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 2
Views: 28
6 Cinnamon Roll Shooters...
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Replies: 5
Views: 153
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 9
Views: 58
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,462 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,975 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,723 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 06-10-2012, 05:47 PM
In pursuit of great Q ...

protege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guruprotege2k Is Becoming A Smoke Guru
Default Beef Ribs on the Yoder!

I have never cooked beef ribs before but could not resist since getting the YS640. Good thing, they came out good.

Started by tracking down some beef ribs, I live in the Atlanta - not easy. As these were slightly anorexic, I figured they may not turn out right. I Mad Hunky'd them after laying down some Worchestesheretashire Sauce - great flavor profile (HAH!).

Utilized the 2.5/2/.5 method (?!?) as they seemed ready. The mad creation is below:

Sorry for the messy photo but these ribs fell apart on me.

Tender!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
G'Pa Herb's herbs

Herb's herbs Knows How To Maintain A Pit

YODER DABBA DO!!!

Yoder YS640 w/black comp cart
Custom made Chimney mount for Mavericks w/6' leads

Pictures of my "tool" http://smoked-meat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=258
Old 06-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Nice!!!!

Them Thar is me favorite of ALL the Ribs!!!!

Nice Money Shot too!!!

Bear
Old 06-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Meat Mopper

cowleyms Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingcowleyms Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingcowleyms Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingcowleyms Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingcowleyms Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

HAHA what a coincidence just went to walmart and picked up a 7lb brisket and some beef ribs for next weekend.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Elder Smoker

Savannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSavannahsmoker Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Fall apart or not, I could eat a plate or two of those.
Nice.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Wannabe Smoker

MossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To All
MossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To All

for getting the job done!
I have beef ribs thawed for today but the wind never went down, not even this evening... looks like my wife gets all the fun of smoking them during the week...

Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Can't Get BIG W/O The Pig

BIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To All
BIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To AllBIGGLOPEZ Is  A Name Known To All

Nice looking ribs, I have looked for them here and can't seem to find anything worth cooking. I have a friend that won't eat pork and every time I take ribs in to work he just waters at the mouth. i told him if I ever find any with meat on them I will make some up for us.
Big Chief Electric smoker
Brinkmann barrel smoker
LEM sausage stuffer
Cabela's pro HD grinder
Maverick ET-732
ThermoWorks Thermapen
GrillGrates
Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 AM
In Memoriam

Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All
Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All

Love beef ribs, that wonderful buttery fat

Lotta times around here our beef ribs look like that and are all butchered to Hell.
Much better if you have a Restaurant Depot around but they come in a 3 pack there.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Smoke it & they will come

Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All
Wingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To AllWingman Is  A Name Known To All

They still look damn tasty! Best thing to do is find a meat shop that will cut you some decent ribs and put them aside for you. Orherwise they try to cut as close to the bone as posible.

Rob
Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
SmokingPit.com
Road-Quest.com

Yoder YS640
Yoder Wichita
Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale

Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

They ARE hard to find in good condition. You gotta usually find a butcher and request them. Still... they look pretty good to me... I don't mind them "fall apart" with beef...it's not a pork rib after all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef

Tags
beef, ribs, ys640