Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method

Sous-Vide Method Your Hot Tub Cooking Forum, Learn It, Teach It, Share It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Project
Last Post: Richtee
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 18
Views: 162
0 Tres leche cake
Last Post: Blue Dog BBQ
Replies: 0
Views: 1
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 18
Views: 161
0 Ribeyes with chimichurri.
Last Post: Blue Dog BBQ
Replies: 1
Views: 10
0 Suckling pig???
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 2
Views: 20
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,464 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,981 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,840 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 02-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
Wonderful job, Phil! Those ribs sure are pretty and that steak looks perfect! I am going to have to think about this sous vide thing...but I want a rotisserie first!
if ya lived closer we could each just buy one and trade them off time to time...

Phil, that steak looks superb! You got me almost to the tipping point...

for the great looking steak and the ribs as well!
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-26-2014, 03:03 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Kill 2 birds with one stone... heat your meat while receiving therapy...
Soo... suppose I bring in a couple yardbird breasteses... season and sear them here, vac hot and into ice water. Never hit 60 IT... how long would I let 'em sit in that tub at say 170-175? It'll flip 'em out up there LOL!

Or..would you have to sear after?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:04 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by erain View Post
if ya lived closer we could each just buy one and trade them off time to time...

Phil, that steak looks superb! You got me almost to the tipping point...

for the great looking steak and the ribs as well!
Thanks E!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! What do I gotta do to tip you all the way brutha? There's other folks on here that do this too... and much better than I can. I am just a mere beginning mortal. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it! It is worth the investment. If you don't want to spend the money on a water oven, you can start oot cheaper with an immersion circulator, that will clamp on to almost any size cooking vessel you want to use. The water oven is a little different from the immersion circulators, butt the same principle.

Go. For. It.

I haven't been this excited aboot cooking toys since me rotiss!! Oh, and the Klose. Oh, and me Webers...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 02-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Soo... suppose I bring in a couple yardbird breasteses... season and sear them here, vac hot and into ice water. Never hit 60 IT... how long would I let 'em sit in that tub at say 170-175? It'll flip 'em out up there LOL!

You can do it either way, pre or post sear. My chart says 146 or higher for a min. of 1hour and a max of 2 to 4 hours.
So far I like the post sear better but the testin be not over.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:59 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
You can do it either way, pre or post sear. My chart says 146 or higher for a min. of 1hour and a max of 2 to 4 hours.
Yup, you can sear them first. I think I'd prefer searing them after the bath, butt hey man, I ain't tried that yet... it's worth a shot. Have fun with that, and I'd ask you to take pictures of this whole process, butt I understand you are incapacitated...

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:31 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Yeah I'd bet on the post too... but I won't be there to deal with that. Just thought it'd be cool to set up the ladies with lunch outta their cast machine
Old 02-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

I can't believe this thread stayed hidden from me all this time!!!

Freakin' Awesome, Phil !!! ----------------

You da Man!!!

Bear
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Yeah I'd bet on the post too... but I won't be there to deal with that. Just thought it'd be cool to set up the ladies with lunch outta their cast machine
It would work just fine! Sept maybe the yuck factor for the ladies....the cast machine not your chicken!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
I can't believe this thread stayed hidden from me all this time!!!

Freakin' Awesome, Phil !!! ----------------

You da Man!!!

Bear
Thank you Sir Bear!!It was a fun day for sure!!

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method

Tags
ribs, sous vide, steak