A Pile-o-Cheese...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pile-o-Cheese...

I had a problem, actually two... First of all, I just used up the last chunk-o-cheese from my last batch...
    I'll tell you aboot the second one later...
    First up, I had only one thing to do, smoke some more... I fired up the A-maze-n with some cherry pellets & pistachio shells...

On goes some chunks of mozzarella, sharp cheddar, pepper jack & plain old jack...

The next morning...

Here's the pile-o-cheese all bagged up...

Thanks for checkin' my cheese...

On to the second problem... It was a nice cool night last night (for Az anyway), perfect for smoking some cheese. I get the cheese all sliced up & in the Horizon & fired up the cherry pellets & pistachios. I head back into the house to get my camera, went back oot through the sliding glass door & shut it behind me hearing a "click" as it closed... SHAZZBOT!!! I locked myself oot!!!
    After aboot a half hour or so of checking all the windows & doors, which I knew were already locked, I finally walked over to my neighbor's house & woke him up aboot midnight. Fortunately he's a cool guy & offered to see if we could break into my house before calling a locksmith. After aboot 40 minutes we managed to get one of the windows open (after messing up the screen, oh well). I was not looking forward to spending the night oot in just a t-shirt & shorts...
    As a thank you to my neighbor I'll be sharing some freshly smoked cheese with him...
    Attached Files

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Oops. That woulda sucked to spend the night outside looking in. Good thing you gotta cool neighbor to help you out.
    Arron W.

YS 640
    Primo Oval XL
    Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
    Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
    Weber Copper Top
    Old Smokey
    Orion
    Gasser
    2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
    24" Disco with custom burner
    Red Thermapen
    2-Maverick ET-733
    Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
    sigpic

Comment

Some people have way too much fun

I would keep an eye on that neighbor if I were you...He knows how to break into your house

Great job on the cheese
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Have some breaking into your own house
        Cheese looks great! Now go fix that screen... and never leave the house without your keys...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

like it

Need to get some cheese smoked this year.
          Also need to get salmon to cure and smoke as well.

Christmas coming too bloody fast !
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Nice job on the cheese

I have a small ring with 1 key on it to a back door that I carry all the time now, even if I have my regular keys with me. After a couple times of being locked out, I made it a habit to put that ring in my pocket every day when I get dressed.
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
              I had a problem, actually two... First of all, I just used up the last chunk-o-cheese from my last batch...

I'll tell you aboot the second one later...

First up, I had only one thing to do, smoke some more... I fired up the A-maze-n with some cherry pellets & pistachio shells...

On goes some chunks of mozzarella, sharp cheddar, pepper jack & plain old jack...

The next morning...

Here's the pile-o-cheese all bagged up...

Thanks for checkin' my cheese...

On to the second problem... It was a nice cool night last night (for Az anyway), perfect for smoking some cheese. I get the cheese all sliced up & in the Horizon & fired up the cherry pellets & pistachios. I head back into the house to get my camera, went back oot through the sliding glass door & shut it behind me hearing a "click" as it closed... SHAZZBOT!!! I locked myself oot!!!

After aboot a half hour or so of checking all the windows & doors, which I knew were already locked, I finally walked over to my neighbor's house & woke him up aboot midnight. Fortunately he's a cool guy & offered to see if we could break into my house before calling a locksmith. After aboot 40 minutes we managed to get one of the windows open (after messing up the screen, oh well). I was not looking forward to spending the night oot in just a t-shirt & shorts...

As a thank you to my neighbor I'll be sharing some freshly smoked cheese with him...

Those are some big chunks - how much smoke penetration are you getting? How many hours is the amaze generating smoke? I have the same one.

You can get some inexpensive code (1-2-3-4, 9-9-4-5) four digit locks from Schlage and Kwikset. Put one on your side door and problem solved. They can be Internet enabled or not; set w/ custom codes, or codes they ship with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks Great Ice!!

Mozzarella is my favorite, if your sending any out !!

Probably better off outside if all you're gonna do is Cut The Cheese!!!

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

that is a pile of cheese...best be taking good care of that neighbor!

I don't even know where a key to the house is located. I enter through the garage...have a keypad outside the garage door if I'm not in the vehicle. Works like a champ until one night we came home from a movie and it had been storming...wouldn't you know the electricity was off.

now I have one of those keypad deadbolts on the shop door...man are those things awesome. Like the previous poster said, they make them now that are bluetooth enabled from a phone, internet enabled, etc. They will let you in even when the power is out as they are battery operated.
                  Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 12-08-2016, 01:33 PM.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Nice looking cheese.

Comment

always keep your jock strap or business gig on... be a scary sight... when the door....
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
                        Nice job on the cheese

I have a small ring with 1 key on it to a back door that I carry all the time now, even if I have my regular keys with me. After a couple times of being locked out, I made it a habit to put that ring in my pocket every day when I get dressed.

Originally posted by abscam View Post
                        Those are some big chunks - how much smoke penetration are you getting? How many hours is the amaze generating smoke? I have the same one.

You can get some inexpensive code (1-2-3-4, 9-9-4-5) four digit locks from Schlage and Kwikset. Put one on your side door and problem solved. They can be Internet enabled or not; set w/ custom codes, or codes they ship with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                        that is a pile of cheese...best be taking good care of that neighbor!

I don't even know where a key to the house is located. I enter through the garage...have a keypad outside the garage door if I'm not in the vehicle. Works like a champ until one night we came home from a movie and it had been storming...wouldn't you know the electricity was off.

now I have one of those keypad deadbolts on the shop door...man are those things awesome. Like the previous poster said, they make them now that are bluetooth enabled from a phone, internet enabled, etc. They will let you in even when the power is out as they are battery operated.
                        I was made fully aware as a kid when I was given a house key by my Dad that if I ever lost the key, don't bother knocking on the door - you're sleeping ootside... I never lost a key...
                        I know all aboot those new fangled electronical doohickies. Doesn't help the first time ever being locked oot & not having any of them thingamabobs. Never thought I would get caught outside. I may have to rethink that...

abscam - The longer you let the cheese age after smoking, the more the smoke will infuse its tasty goodness into the cheese - usually 2 to 3 weeks after smoking... If you can hold oot that long.
                        I usually load the AMNPS pellet smoker with just two rows of pellets & it lasts a good 6 to 8 hours.

Sent from my La-z-Boy using Etch-a-Sketch

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Well... at least the cheese came out well I have a key stashed for the kids, and me once er twice as well ;{)
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Love to smoke cheese too. Good job.
                            sigpicYeah...that's right...I'm smokin'.

The GOOD ONE smoker grill
                            Weber 22 1/2 Wannabe (aka WW)
                            Weber 22 1/2 Silver One Touch
                            Smokey Joe New model, Smokey Joe 1984 model
                            fire pit in the yard
                            10 & 12 Lodge DO,
                            Maverick ET73, ET732.
                            A-MAZE-N SMOKER 5x8, RED HOT Thermapen
                            MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric smoker

Rick

Comment

Working...