New MES 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MES 40

Hoping this will fill the bill for my sausage making needs and of course other smokes. . I played around with it all afternoon and was very pleased with the consistency of the temps from rack to rack and left to right. My maverick ran about 25 degrees hotter than the MES at 275. Anyway since it was already hot and seasoned I figured I might as well smoke something.

This was a seasoned chuck roast from Aldis. I smoked it at 250 for about 2.5 hours until the internal temp was 140.

It was pretty good with the texture of a steak.

Im liking this rig already. Thanks to Bear and Smokin Outback for giving me some guidance on the purchase.

Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombini; 01-26-2017, 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    sigpic
    GMG Daniel Boone
    UDS
    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
    Vision Kamado grill
    Weber Genesis Silver
    Smokin Tex
    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
    Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

That's a nice lookin chuck...Love em sliced but even sliced I like em a bit more done than that...Maybe i need to try it your way just once
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Good looking plate!

Comment

Nice looking cooker and roast Steve. Hoping to see some action this weekend as well using this unit.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Looking good! Fun times ahead!!
          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
          Frogmats
          Maverick ET 732
          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Great Start Steve!!
            Glad you like it already---Like I said, that Gen #2.5 is the most heat balanced of them all.

I never tried a Chucky below 195° IT, but now you got me thinking about it.

Nice Plate!---

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Dang that looks good
              20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
              36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
              22" webber
              several burners
              pool/spa (of course)
              sigpic

Comment

i like mine!...even Louie can jack it up with yardbirds for Ladies gig @ Church!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                X