Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Tell Us A Little About Yourself & The Type Of Smoker You Are Using.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Hmmm
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 02-18-2018
Replies: 18
Views: 166
0 Chicken and sausage gumbo
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 5
Views: 51
0 Almost No Knead
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 2
Views: 43
0 Smoked nuts and air fryer wings
Last Post: Bassman
Replies: 3
Views: 66
0 Fresh Trout smoked on an Apple Wood Plank
Last Post: Bama BBQ
Replies: 18
Views: 716
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,572 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,343 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,216 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Bdon88 Is Just Starting Out
Default BBQ rib sauce?

Going to smoke some ribs with a barrel smoker with a side fire box ( brinkman) may use hickory with some cherry wood. Got a smokey sweet rub on them looking for a good BBQ sauce recipe for them. I like a tangy sweet with a little heat to it, what ya got for me?

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 06-18-2011, 09:25 PM
canal Zone Brat

Kyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodKyote Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12640

might be what your looking for.

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Don...Glad ya found us...

Personally I dont sauce my ribs...If your rub and smoke are doin the job then you dont need to sauce them...but thats just me...others will have a different opinion...
Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Sous Vide Free Zone

IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All
IrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To AllIrishChef Is  A Name Known To All

Not big on saucing ribs either, unless it is a necessary evil. If you really had too, try Sweet Baby Rays, or Cookies....
Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
In Memoriam

Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All
Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All

People do seem to love SBR's.
I'm with others and don't sauce my ribs, BUT if I reheat them on the grill then I will brush them a bit.
Don't have a recipe I use but if you ask me what the greatest BBQ sauce in the world is I would have to say Curley's Famous BBQ Sauce!
I could drink glasses of that stuff it is so good!!!

http://www.bbqsauce.com/

Hot & Spicy is fav...

Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

welcome aboard

there is a sweet rub and sweet sauce that i posted here

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14810

good luck
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 06-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Pit Master

Whisky Fish Is  A Name Known To All
Whisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To All

You're on the right track. get a good smoke on it first and then add the sauce if you want. You're not gonna gain anything by adding sauce early except burnt sugar. As for what kind??? All up to you. Start with a commercial gig and then make it your own. I like Sweet baby Rays and Srirachi or Tapito. Even love KC master piece with some mods. Failing that it's gonna take some time if you wanna do some custom stuff. Keep talkin to folks. Good chefs here.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:12 AM
veni, vidi, varius

Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All
Hoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To AllHoser Is  A Name Known To All

If you want to make your own, I've had real good success with this one. Has a couple jalapenos and some Jack Daniels in it.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15110

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685
Old 06-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Smile

Thanks guys. Gonna use the 3-2-1 method on the ribs any other tips keep em coming
Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdon88 View Post
Thanks guys. Gonna use the 3-2-1 method on the ribs any other tips keep em coming
Depending on the ribs... the "2" portion might be too long. Best to start checking for doneness after 45 min. to an hour. Don't want a pile of pulled pork with bones...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Pit Master

northern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Gurunorthern greenhorn Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

to the island, and good luck, I actually take the liquid that's left in the foil and mix it with SBR's, and if I want extra kick to it, I add some hot sauce to it and mix it all up, and use that

GOSM
K.C.B.S Member # 60786
Digital Thermometers
Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Occasionally I'll use a glaze that's a bit different. Equal parts of Rasberry vinagrette, ketchup, and honey. Very tasty.
Good luck!

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 06-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
Occasionally I'll use a glaze that's a bit different. Equal parts of Rasberry vinagrette, ketchup, and honey. Very tasty.
Good luck!

I'm try to wrap my mine around the finished flavor... Is it a little tart with allot of sweetness?

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM
In Memoriam

Beer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBeer-B-Q Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Welcome to Smoked-Meat, Glad to have you with us...

Everyone from that other site ends up here eventually...

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members..

1200 Watt MES 40"
SS Grand Cafe Commercial Gas Smoker
New Braunfels Bandera
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER 6X6 & 6X8
Foodsaver Original Nozzle Style Sealer
Fleetwood M220S Deli Slicer
Northern #12 Electric Grinder
Porkert #32 Manual Grinder
Weston 20# Meat Mixer
Grizzly 5# SS Sausage Stuffer
Maverick ET-72 | Maverick ET-901
Splash Proof Thermapen "Red, The Fastest One"
Beer-B-Q-Spices.com
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Thumbs up Ribbs

Thanks for the help! Wow! 6 hrs of smoking ribbs & gone in 10mins! Turn out fantastic!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Thanks for the help! Wow! 6 hrs of smoking ribbs & gone in 10mins! Turn out fantastic!
Should have added another "b"..maybe lasted longer? Naw... you just need to cook mooore ;{)

Hope the sauce was a hit. What ya use?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Default Ribbs sauce

I kinda winged it! Couldn't do it again if I tried melted butter sauté shallots garlic. Roasted jalepeno & sweet peppers finely chopped them. Then added brown sugar, molasses a can of beer, cup of ketcup 2 slices of lemon & some of the rub.....then mixed with a hand mixer & refrigerated. Used as a side was good but very tomatoe tasting. Can't put my finger on why!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I kinda winged it! Couldn't do it again if I tried melted butter sauté shallots garlic. Roasted jalepeno & sweet peppers finely chopped them. Then added brown sugar, molasses a can of beer, cup of ketcup 2 slices of lemon & some of the rub.....then mixed with a hand mixer & refrigerated. Used as a side was good but very tomatoe tasting. Can't put my finger on why!
Quote:
cup of ketchup
Might have somtin to do with that.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

BBQBud Is Just Starting Out

A quick little sauce that'll have everybody lickin their fingers.......take a quarter cup of your leftover rub...I use br sugar with paprika. chili, cayenne, ginger, onion, garlic and cumin......add a quarter cup molassis, quarter cup honey, 3/4 cup ketchup, a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, then add a dash of apple juice to thin the mixture.......low heat to liquify......drizzle or serve on the side......after the ribs are cooked.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

Tags
bbq, ribs