Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Thin & Blue brother <3

Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All
Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All
Default Playing with Doctor Phreak's.....

Pecan wood! along with his Head Country rub (smells & tastes yummy)..
I got started late today... I was trying to go with the 3-2-1 method, not sure I have the 6 hours tho to get it done, we wanted to eat earlier than that...
Anyhow, I have never trimmed spares before... so I gave it a go... mine look a lot bigger than FBJ so maybe I did not do it correctly??? Thanks Ry cuz watching you was imperitave in me even attempting this... So please let me know if I ruined the ribs!!

Here is the first rack trimmed... I think I got better after the first one.. but..

This rack I slathered with peanut butter...

Then I covered it with my Java rub..

The next rack I am using Dr Phreak's Head Country rub...

Then rack 3 is with Rob's (Blues n Cues) rib rub, and final is sea salt and black pepper....

All over pecan from Oklahoma!! Yeah!!

I rolled em, cuz I do not have room for more than two racks on my old faithfull.. I did not use staind as I am still learning how to control his temps..

Why do spares get trimmed into St Louis style anyhow? it seems there is a cartalidge that you follow to trim? There sure is a lot of trimmings, they too are on the smoker for beans or whatever.. What do you all do with your trimmings??

Am I on the road to rib success finally or is this a train wreak waiting to happen?? Help!!

PROUD MEMBER # 49
The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged PINK THERMAPEN

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Sausagehead

Kingudaroad Is  A Name Known To All
Kingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To AllKingudaroad Is  A Name Known To All

Kel I like your fearless approach to que!!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Thin & Blue brother <3

Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All
Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks Keith,
I just praying that Im not involved in a train wreck!!

PROUD MEMBER # 49

Old 08-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Sister.....ain't never thought or heard of puttin mashed up goober pea's on rib's! Got my interest up for the finish!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:24 PM
BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!

doctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

whoa...oh....you got me interest perkin up on that PB/Java Rub Ribs
i hope you really like the head country rub i love it...
if you never cooked over pecan boy you are in for a treat..and not only that its from Oklahoma...hope you like...i will be watchin....good job

and the ribs look just fine with the saint louie cut
like that big hatchet u got there
Weber 22.5 Performer
GOSM 3405gw
Boomer Sooner Drum
Maverick ET-732
Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

BIG Mac

Old 08-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Peanut butter ribs? two of my faverite things but never thought about putting them together. I will be watching this one.
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 08-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Your St.Louis trim looks fine. Smoke those trimmins up and save em...best I ever did with em was split pea soup.....

Peanut butter???
Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Pit Master

Big Guy Is  A Name Known To All
Big Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To AllBig Guy Is  A Name Known To All

looks tasty , peanut butter rub is interesting I bet it will be fantastic
Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

Now we're just waiting to see the results. I too will be interested in the peanut butter rub.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 08-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Thin & Blue brother <3

Well... sorry for the late reply... girls get together have a few cocktails, next thing ya know it 2 am! YIKES

The pecan was fabulous, I love it thank you again Mike!

While the ribs were cooking we threw on some oysters for munchies... threw some hickory on the coals and yum!

this was the peanut butter ones going into the foil with the coffee mop I was using...

These are the Head Country rub ribs coming off out of the foil...
I never did get them out of the foil for the last hour.. cuz well refer to first line..

Here are the peanut butter ribs...

This is all 4 racks sliced, from the left you have plain sea salt & pepper, the Blues n cues rub, then Head Country rub the last pile are the peanut butter ribs..

The only ribs I have left are the plain ones! lol!
What a great feast, Blues rub was delicious, the Head Country was delicious, and the p-butter ribs were really delicious to... absolutely different, but really tasty! They were falling off the bone.. so maybe too long in the foil? that kinda bummed me out, but you know woman and chatting...

We also had Smoke in the Holler beans... now requested at every bbq, thanks Tip! I did not get any pictures of those yummy beans.... again refer to first line...

Thanks for peeking!

PROUD MEMBER # 49

Old 08-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Slow learner

1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God1894 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

I was ready to click the scales when I saw the peanut butter slathered ribs , just for creativity . Add in the taste test of a couple of rubs and great pictures, well ...

Awesome !!! scales clicked
Old 08-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Pit Master

Zeeker Is  A Name Known To All
Zeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To All

Bbqgoddess, as always just an amazing spread. Everything looks fantastic. Peanut butter on ribs, cool. Kudos and of course
KCBS CBJ
Zeek
Old 08-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

well peanut butter and a seasoned rib is kinda a satay flavouring so yeah that'll work great :-)
Only reason i can think of for the plain ribs being left is - no ketchup

All the racks I buy are already trimmed so never done that. But it all looks great.
I really do need to try these again with more heat, got the racks in the freezer now I just need a few hours without rain....

Rib for sure :-)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Bourbon bifocals

Uncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To AllUncle-Honky Is  A Name Known To All

Holy friggin pork ribs Kelly. I haven't run into this thread till now! I am not sure how I missed it. Dang Kel I'd say you nailed it. The rib trimmin' looks great. Did I trim those that day?? Hmmm? Long day...grr Those do look tasty! A wonderful smoke my friend!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Clint Eastwood

Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 AM
BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!

doctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddoctor phreak Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

kelly loooks awesome i glad you like the rub and pecan...did you try any of the sauces yet....the PB ribs looks really good how wood you describe the taste can you taste PB....gotta give you for the experiment on PB ribs..nice job
Weber 22.5 Performer
GOSM 3405gw
Boomer Sooner Drum
Maverick ET-732
Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

BIG Mac

Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Meat give me MEAT

lynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

That looks sooooooo good kelly, I would never have thought about PB on ribs must give it a try.

Member # 200

Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Vlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke GuruVlap Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Peanut Butter on Ribs?????? Never heard of that one before. Very interesting! How was the flavor after cooking? Were you able to taste the PB after?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Smokin meat Wu-Tang Style

wutang Is  A Name Known To All
wutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To All

Another creative smoke from BBQG. Now I am thinking about trying some ribs with PB, asian seasoning, maybe track down some kung pao peppers and trying to make Kung Pao Ribs. Great idea Goddess.
KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan
Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Smokin-N-Tokin

roadrunr Knows How To Mop The Meat

Everything looks fantastic Kelly. I also thought to myself peanut butter eh? But I give ya credit, never woulda thunk it.

Just aslo wondering how did it taste? Did the peanut flavor go away?

2 Weber Kettles
Weber Smokey Joe
Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
Brinkman ECB
Charbroil 940X
Project UDS
Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Pork

Tags
3-2-1 method, ribs