Packaging product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging product

I cooked 3 small(2lb) pork shoulder roasts. I got 4lbs yield. Served 2 lbs, and want to freeze the rest. My question is do you package it dry(just the meat) or do you add liquid gold in with it. These will be vacuumed packed in 1/2 lbs and froze. I have about a cup and change of De-fatted meat juice.

I add the liquid when vac packing and freezing. Just me
    sigpic

Comment

Hey G,

Good to see you on...haven't seen you around much.

I add it back...I say Pulled pork that has been frozen with liquid gold is a lot of times better than fresh.

If you add liquid before vac sealing, you will need to halt the vac process so it doesn't suck all the liquid you just added out of the bag.

sometimes I get a partial freeze on the product and then put a full pull vac on the bag.
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Add the gold to your meat selection. Partially freeze in portions the seal up. You won't lose any valuable juice. Reheat in the bag then serve as needed. Shouldn't be disappointed. Keep in mind that reheating can make some meats mushier than others. I say reheat in the bag just some then finish the heating process in a pan on low heat. Although meat and BBQ sauce is never refused at our table!!
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Working...
        X