Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Cold smoked bacon

Hi

I try to make my first bacon ever, had a little pice pork belly and found a recipe for hot smoked bacon. It had cure 2 but I'm not able to find it in Sweden so I used cure 1

Because it say it's a hot smoke bacon I'm wondering if I Will be able to eat it if I cold smoke ?

Don't want to get sick. So can I smoke it in low temp for some hours ? Or should I hot smoke it and get a temp inside that's 65 celcius or higher ?

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Cure #1 is fine for bacon. I usually cold smoke my bacon, then raise the smoker temp till I get to 150° internal.
    From Kutas 4th edition "Let bacon dry at room temp for about 30 minutes, then remove to a 135°F smokehouse....until internal temp reaches 127° - 128° F. ....Reduce smoker temp to 120° and hold until desired color is obtained."
    Others say to hot smoke to internal temp of 150°.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
    X