• Show
Clear All

• Some mouthwater bbq we do

Hang Lamb Rib for a few hours next to fire. S&P and lemon juiced

Attached Files

More hanging ribs Pork and Lamb

Attached Files

Comment

Wow.. Cant say I have ever seen ribz cooked that way.. Open pit yes but not swinging by a wire or sandwiched in a fish griller..

Not bad, not bad at tall..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Some mouthwater bbq we do

That's cool. Reminds me of Assado the Argentine way.
        ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

That's a new one on me cooking ribs that way... I like it!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

looks good - any finished pics ?
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Looks good. Interesting way of cooking.
              Jim

Comment

Ya see something new all the time, interesting to say the least, guess it is just another indirect method!! Alot easier to spray both sides with a sauce!!
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Pretty cool! Love the fire pit!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

I tried that open flame hanging deal once when I owned the cabin on the river before the Flood of 2011 washed it away. Liked to kill myself.

I was cooking/smoking a deer leg and having me a drink or two and when I got up from the picnic table to take a closer look I tripped and fell right into the fire ring, deer leg went flying off the tri pod and I had me one heck of a time getting out before I roasted myself Plus I spilled my drink into the fire, Yup like throwing gas into a bonfire. LOL You are probably wondering if I was Drunk now aren't Ya ? Yup

When I went back home and the wife sees me all scuffed up and eye brows singed along with my hair ask what in the world happened to you honey? I Told her the truth and she didn't believe me. Should of just told her another Whopper and she would have.

Now them campfire cooks can be real good and tasty if your not on the Hooch like I was, Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Well now THAT'S interesting. Huh!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie07 View Post
                        ... Now them campfire cooks can be real good and tasty if your not on the Hooch like I was...

I have found in my years of experience that alcohol and fire don't mix very well... especially when trying to cook. Don't ask me how I know...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

A lot like Barbacoa, the roots of out BBQ! I've seen pics of folks in Mexico cookin 20 or 30 whole critters (sheep. goat, hog?) at one time this way. I think there is a thread here somewhere about it. But I don't know where to look.

Very cool to see, would like to see some finished pics???
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Here is a thread of Ahron (africanmeat) cooking a whole lamb on a rotisserie using kind-of the same method.
                            http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27339
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Yes Spitbraai as we call it is a old favourite in SA. A hang rib is special. I dont have final on the plate pics everything was finished when dished. I will post some good ones when I do it again. Had some good old 'Sosaties' kebabs as you know it on the coals tonight! Epic and tasty with some awesome Braaibroodjies. Will post tomorrow my braai broodjies recipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X