No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea thats what I did. I put a few slits in it. I should be able to find them pretty easy

Comment

I'm thinking somebody gonna have 'em some burnt ends too
      sigpic

Comment

Yea because of you and your burnt ends posts I just put a 5lbr on the smoker to make it all burnt ends damn you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyms View Post
          Yea because of you and your burnt ends posts I just put a 5lbr on the smoker to make it all burnt ends damn you!!!
          Good idea!!! You will be very very happy!!! Keep rocken it man!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

The brisket looks great so far. I can't wait to see the finished product.
            Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
            Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita
            Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
            Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
            Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Here is the pic of the 5lber after 5 hours and its stuck at 133 LOL dangit man

Comment

That's not really a good thing, 5 hours in the danger zone, after injecting & probing before starting.

I guess if you've been around 133˚ for awhile, you'd be OK, since you are very close to 135˚. Hopefully.

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Yer gonna have that stall thing sometimes. Don't crank the heat. I have heard to smaxk it about a bit... move the muscle fibers. Dunno if it works ot not. lookin' fine so far tho.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looking good!! How are the pit temps holding up for ya?
                    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                    Yoder YS640
                    Weber Genesis
                    Weber 18.5" Kettle
                    Weber Performer
                    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Well right now the right hand probe is sitting at 226 the left hand probe sitting at 210 I am not gonna touch it and its been on for 6 hours for 5 lb brisket I figure it will slowly creep up right now its 135*

Comment

Seems your brisket temps should be higher to me. Have you checked your thermometers?
                        sigpic

Comment

Might be just me but I perfer to slide the probe in thru the end and get the probe in further thru the center

Meat looks really good so far ...going to be good

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                            Seems your brisket temps should be higher to me. Have you checked your thermometers?
                            ..........juust cause you have a probe in something doesnt mean its accurate.....if you have a thermapen then check around area of your remote probe.....Just sayin.....little flat like them almost always tuff....they wacked the point off for corned beaf stuffff....

Comment

Well it said it was a full brisket on the package from the commisary. Also here is an update on the 10lbr I just pulled that Summa Bich out of fridge and carved off another hunk of fat and rerubbed him. he snarled at me but i smacked him down a little bit.

Oh and my probe is accurate checked with thermapen the edges are at 145 155 and one edge was 165 the inner where probe is at is at just like the pen said 138 so all my chit is accurate... Hrmm just a tough Summa gun. Anyway heres the pic of 10lbr

Comment

No sir u assumed because it was 5 lbs that it was a flat :p it said full brisket on the package. Thats the only reason i bought it.

Comment

Working...
                                X