brisket - sunday lunch - progressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brisket - sunday lunch - progressive

so in this ever fast paced world getting a chance to slow down and smoke something is tough. so the other day i found a decent brisket at wally world, the price made my head spin butt a man has to eat. right?

cleaned rinsed and on the cutting board, my whats a man to do. lets trim that bad boy
    before trim

after trim

next i slathered with lea and perrins "thick" worcestershire sauce and a healthy dusting of rub, wrapped in plastic and its oft for a fridge nap

now this message from my local sponsors...
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Whoa that is a high price to pay for a brisket...But Im sure that it will be worth it in the end...That thick L&P is some good stuff for beef...Good luck Marcus...Will be lookin for the conclusion of this beast
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Great lookin' brisky Marcus, and a fine trim job. You for hire?
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Gonna be good, specially if we see some burnt ends off of that baby!
        It is nuts the price of things like brisket that used to be cheap cuts long ago, we pay $2.58lb here.
        There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I hate to say it but I would be all over it at that price... $4.99 here in southwest Ohio grocery stores...... grrrr....might have to check wally world out... hate to go in there... so dang busy

cant wait to see the finished product...

just a question... why did you take off so much of that fat?? I have always left a good 1/8 to 1/16 inch on??

Is it just so all the rub gets to the meat??
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I will be back looking for the results.
            sigpic

Comment

Boy ya trimmed 'er tight Marcus. I'm gonna be watching this one... I'd like to have mine that clean next week, but have been afraid of dryness. Altho since I will be using the prototype MH beef injection, maybe I should not worry...?

Carry on soldier... and don't forget to file the report!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

thanks for all the great comments

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
                Great lookin' brisky Marcus, and a fine trim job. You for hire?
                always for hire if the $$ is right

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                just a question... why did you take off so much of that fat?? I have always left a good 1/8 to 1/16 inch on??

i normally leave more than than i did this time, the fat cap was down in the trimmed picture but i will say there is very little to none left.

some of my thoughts goes to a thread i was reading on making bacon. someone had mentioned that cure doesnt penetrate fat. well if cure doesnt why would lea and perrins and rub??

next is good quality bark. i have quit foiling just about everything trying to achieve the perfect bark. and the best bark comes from where the rub touches the meat. less fat equals more bark...

we will soon see
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Great start Padre!!!

I'll be here---I aint missing this one!!!!

Carry on!

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Lokin good Brother........

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                      some of my thoughts goes to a thread i was reading on making bacon. someone had mentioned that cure doesnt penetrate fat. well if cure doesnt why would lea and perrins and rub??

next is good quality bark. i have quit foiling just about everything trying to achieve the perfect bark. and the best bark comes from where the rub touches the meat. less fat equals more bark...

we will soon see
                      I like it Marcus... it's how I do butts now. Clean the crap off ya toss out anyway...and more bark. I cut my butts down the bone, clean out the crappy stringy stuff and the false cap goes to sausage... and pull and toss almost nothing...
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

that sexy..........

Comment

17.48 pounds is a BIG BOY...... Good luck on 'er Marcus
                          sigpic

Comment

Get up after that ya ol' Naval Cat Daddy!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                              I hate to say it but I would be all over it at that price... $4.99 here in southwest Ohio grocery stores...... grrrr....might have to check wally world out... hate to go in there... so dang busy

cant wait to see the finished product...

It's where I buy all mine at, every time for around $2.50/lb! Can't find em that price anywhere else!
                              Don

Humphrey's Pint
                              Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                              Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                              Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                              Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                              Anova One Sous Vide
                              AMPS
                              Purple Thermapen
                              Maverick ET-733
                              DigIQ DX2
                              Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X